Velocity Reviews

-   -   relaying internet to radio receiver (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578739-relaying-internet-to-radio-receiver.html)

noddy 05-11-2006 01:48 AM

relaying internet to radio receiver

While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
my computer in my bedroom.
I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
computer to my radio?
If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

Allistar 05-11-2006 01:50 AM

Re: relaying internet to radio receiver

noddy wrote:

> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
> my computer in my bedroom.
> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
> computer to my radio?
> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

Buy one of those baby monitors and put the "baby" end next to the computer
speakers. Put the "parent" end by your bed. I'm sure the sound would be
crappy but it would work.

Allistar.

Rebel Lord 05-11-2006 01:55 AM

Allistar wrote:

> noddy wrote:
>
>> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
>> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
>> my computer in my bedroom.
>> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
>> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
>> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
>> computer to my radio?
>> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

> Buy one of those baby monitors and put the "baby" end next to the computer
> speakers. Put the "parent" end by your bed. I'm sure the sound would be
> crappy but it would work.
>
> Allistar.

Or an FM cordless mike, you could probably even hook it up to a power
supply or use rechargeable batteries

Craig Whitmore 05-11-2006 01:57 AM

Re: relaying internet to radio receiver

>> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
>> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
>> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
>> computer to my radio?
>> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

Get a TV Sender..plug audio into it and then tune your Radio Reciever
into the Correct FM Signal.

Thanks
Craig

EMB 05-11-2006 02:14 AM

noddy wrote:
> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
> my computer in my bedroom.
> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
> computer to my radio?
> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

One of these
http://pcu.co.nz/store/product.php?p...19beec39705201

--
EMB

EMB 05-11-2006 02:15 AM

EMB wrote:
> noddy wrote:
>
>> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
>> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
>> my computer in my bedroom.
>> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
>> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
>> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
>> computer to my radio? If this is not feasible does anyone have
>> another suggestion?
>>

> One of these

URL that works

http://pcu.co.nz/store/product.php?product=1730

--
EMB

The Other Guy 05-11-2006 02:15 AM

noddy wrote:
> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
> my computer in my bedroom.
> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
> computer to my radio?
> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

Get an FM radio if you don't already have one, and buy an FM transmitter
from your favourite electronics store or computer store (Belkin IIRC has
one that I have seen available in computer stores).

The Other Guy

Maximum Damage 05-11-2006 02:18 AM

Craig Whitmore wrote:
>>> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
>>> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
>>> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
>>> computer to my radio?
>>> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

> Get a TV Sender..plug audio into it and then tune your Radio Reciever
> into the Correct FM Signal.
>
> Thanks
> Craig

Or a an MP3 FM sender which is commonly sold as an MP3 player accessory
from Dick Head Smith.

noddy 05-11-2006 02:29 AM

Re: relaying internet to radio receiver

Thanks you guys for all the suggestion !!
This is a great group

XPD 05-11-2006 04:07 AM

"noddy" <noddy@toyland.com> wrote in message
> While I lie in bed at night I would lke to be able to lsten to radio
> programmes I can get over the www . It is NOT an option for me to have
> my computer in my bedroom.
> I have found that my short wave radio picks up transmissions from our
> cordless telephone. This got me to thinking. Would there be any way
> for me to wirelessly send the programmes I currently listen to on my
> computer to my radio?
> If this is not feasible does anyone have another suggestion?

FM transmitter - lik those ones you can get for Ipods etc - plug into your
PC, tune in :)