Velocity Reviews

-   -   Avast Help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578567-avast-help.html)

KEYMASTER 04-27-2006 11:19 AM

Avast Help

Just installed Avast Antivirus 4.7 on a Win 2000 machine. Now it won't let
me write anything on the Google or Yahoo web pages i.e. allow me to log
into Yahoo mail etc. Writing spaces is blanked out.
What do I need to turn off in Avast?

TIA

Dave Taylor 04-27-2006 08:33 PM

Re: Avast Help

"KEYMASTER" <keymaster@nowhere.co.dl> wrote in

> Just installed Avast Antivirus 4.7 on a Win 2000 machine. Now it won't
> let me write anything on the Google or Yahoo web pages i.e. allow me
> to log into Yahoo mail etc. Writing spaces is blanked out.
> What do I need to turn off in Avast?

I Have never had that problem with avast, but you could try turning off the
WEB PROVIDER. The interface is different, right click the icon, select
Stop Provider.

Before you do that, have you rebooted the machine, and checked for avast
updates?

--
Ciao, Dave

krazy Bob 04-27-2006 09:17 PM

Re: Avast Help

"KEYMASTER" <keymaster@nowhere.co.dl> wrote in message
> Just installed Avast Antivirus 4.7 on a Win 2000 machine. Now it won't let
> me write anything on the Google or Yahoo web pages i.e. allow me to log
> into Yahoo mail etc. Writing spaces is blanked out.
> What do I need to turn off in Avast?
>
> TIA

Try the avast forums

http://forums.avast.com