Velocity Reviews

-   -   Orcon UBS broken? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578513-orcon-ubs-broken.html)

richms 04-22-2006 12:27 PM

Orcon UBS broken?

Or is it just me here in beach haven?

Philip 04-22-2006 01:22 PM

Re: Orcon UBS broken?

richms wrote:
> Or is it just me here in beach haven?

It's been crap all day in the Bay of Islands, but tonight it seems
better. Apparently some optical fibre in SoCal got severed - though how
that affects me connecting to my remote computer 20 km away is one of
life's deeper mysteries.

I wonder where all the lost bits go, and whether this is what makes up
the fluff and clag I have to clean off the back of all our machines here
every week, or is that just the revenge of the Carpet People? And if we
don't clean it off will it just grow till it reaches critical mass and
become sentient? Or is that just Google clusters?

Philip

k 04-22-2006 09:11 PM

Re: Orcon UBS broken?

richms wrote:
> Or is it just me here in beach haven?

Could just be you, works fine on another area of the North Shore.