Velocity Reviews

-   -   IHug UBS having problem? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578425-ihug-ubs-having-problem.html)

helix 04-14-2006 02:40 AM

IHug UBS having problem?

Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?

It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
weeks!

juicyjuice 04-14-2006 03:03 AM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

yer noticed last night.. still going on now
8K/s to ausgamers
60K/s to microsoft.com
same situation with any other links
the only place i can get full speed 250k/s from is ihugs ftp server

Steve 04-14-2006 04:00 AM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:03:18 +1200, juicyjuice wrote:

> yer noticed last night.. still going on now
> 8K/s to ausgamers
> 60K/s to microsoft.com
> same situation with any other links
> the only place i can get full speed 250k/s from is ihugs ftp server
>
> "helix" <huntler236@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>>
>> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
>> of
>> weeks!

'kin joke isn't it.

Craig Whitmore 04-14-2006 04:58 AM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

"helix" <huntler236@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
> of
> weeks!

I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"

National Slow?
International Slow?
P2P Slow?
Web Slow?

please give realworld examples.....

Thanks
Craig
http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
AND upload speeds now)

gimp 04-14-2006 06:00 AM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

helix wrote:
> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
> weeks!

my home ihug DSL is perfect, like it has been for the last year - trying
to convince work to cancel their CRAP orcon account and go with ihug.

EMB 04-14-2006 06:30 AM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

helix wrote:
> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>
> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple of
> weeks!

My home ihug account is running faster than usual at the moment - I've
had several international downloads running at 200kB/s+ over the last 48
hours. And the ihug connection at work is kicking the Maxnet connection
there for throughput too.

--
EMB

juicyjuice 04-14-2006 12:17 PM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

well it international web for me defiantely, i don't use p2p .. but i just
tried the new speedtest on nzdsl to test national

and got 1640kbit
then 960kbit
then 940kbit

i ran the old test a few weeks ago, and always got around 2100-2200.. just
ran the old one again.. 834kbit

my router says connected at 2560kbit - and i can dl from ihug ftp at full
speed.. just nowhere else.. weird..and still only 8kB/s from ausgamers.com!

Steve 04-14-2006 09:34 PM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:58:30 +1200, Craig Whitmore wrote:

> "helix" <huntler236@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Like to know whether IHUG having download issue lately?
>>
>> It appear ORCON and Slingshot are having speed problem for the last couple
>> of
>> weeks!
>>

> I'd like you know what you define as a "speed issue"
>
> National Slow?
> International Slow?
> P2P Slow?
> Web Slow?
>
> please give realworld examples.....
>
> Thanks
> Craig
> http://www.nzdsl.co.nz <- Check out the new Speedtest Page (tests download
> AND upload speeds now)

Download Speed: 1028 kbps (128.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 56 kbps (7 KB/sec transfer rate)

Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
used to run at.

Stu Fleming 04-14-2006 09:55 PM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

Steve wrote:

> Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
> used to run at.

So pretty much as predicted, given the engineering ratios and cable
qualities involved...

Are Tui going to come out with an ad:
"3.5Mbits across uncategorized copper cable. Yeah right."

-=rjh=- 04-14-2006 10:38 PM

Re: IHug UBS having problem?

Stu Fleming wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> Pretty sh*t for a 3.5mbit connection. And Half what my 2mbit connection
>> used to run at.

> So pretty much as predicted, given the engineering ratios and cable
> qualities involved...
>
> Are Tui going to come out with an ad:
> "3.5Mbits across uncategorized copper cable. Yeah right."

"But things will be so much better with 24Mb/s ADSL2+"