Velocity Reviews

-   -   What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578136-what-really-happened-to-the-submarine-kursk.html)

Gavin Tunney 03-18-2006 11:26 PM

What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
in cheek, I thought this might amuse....

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...es_2005620.asp

Cheers

GT

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz 03-19-2006 01:30 AM

Re: What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

Out of it. Best ever. Is Nerdy Gates suing?

See all you need to know about Helen Klark and the Maoist lezzies who
run NZ at http://bonspiel.orcon.net.nz

Steven H 03-19-2006 10:10 PM

Re: What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

Hello Gavin,

118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into something
to laugh about.

one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number cut
into their forearm ?

or should we wait untill their all dead.

----------------
Steven H

the madGeek

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz 03-19-2006 10:43 PM

Re: What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
timely, for fear of losing face.

Steven H 03-19-2006 11:48 PM

Re: What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

Hello bonspiel@orcon.net.nz,

> istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
> timely, for fear of losing face.

dude, its still a low blow.

i would like to consider tech people like ourselvs are a bit more enlightened
than the unclean masses and not lower ourselvs to poking fun at the (slow)
death of others.

----------------
Steven H

the madGeek

~misfit~ 03-20-2006 12:19 AM

Steven H wrote:
> Hello bonspiel@orcon.net.nz,
>
>> istr the russians were slow in asking for help that would have been
>> timely, for fear of losing face.

> dude, its still a low blow.
>
> i would like to consider tech people like ourselvs are a bit more
> enlightened than the unclean masses and not lower ourselvs to poking
> fun at the (slow) death of others.

Probably best that you take it up with the authors of the page in question
then rather than someone who posted a link. ;-)
--
~Shaun~

bonspiel@orcon.net.nz 03-20-2006 02:37 AM

Re: What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

Who gives a ****, the russians slaughtered millions of their own
people. Plus the odd atrocity like Katyn. Harden up, lezzie

Adam 03-20-2006 03:01 AM

On 19 Mar 2006 18:37:40 -0800, bonspiel@orcon.net.nz wrote:

>Who gives a ****, the russians slaughtered millions of their own
>people. Plus the odd atrocity like Katyn. Harden up, lezzie

Agreed.

My view on humour is that it's nothing to do with the actual *content*
of the joke - it's the *context* that makes it acceptable/funny or
unacceptable/sick. ie. Who told it, to whom, where - and the intent.

I once heard a 1 hour long comedy routine - all "Jewish" jokes (at a
Jewish wedding reception) that had everyone in stitches. Any one of
those jokes could be seen as racist or in poor taste if re-told in
different circumstances.

Adam.

Gavin Tunney 03-20-2006 08:38 AM

Re: What Really Happened to the Submarine Kursk

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:10:44 +0000 (UTC), Steven H
<steven@wontWork.com> wrote:

>Hello Gavin,
>
>118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into something
>to laugh about.
>
>one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
>start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number cut
>into their forearm ?
>
>or should we wait untill their all dead.
>
>----------------
>Steven H

It's a fair comment Steven, and I did have some hesitations about
posting it due to any perceived sensitivities. But I figured the
context I posted this in was reasonable, I didn't see it demeaning the
sailors who died.

When all is said & done if we don't have a sense of humour about
misfortune & death we'd hardly have any humour at all. You could say
the same thing about cartoons like this, which are printed in the
paper every day;

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...5a1863,00.html

Pretty insenstive to Milosevics relatives, but still morbidly humorous
in it's own way IMO.

I think you read too much into it, I posted a joke about Windows was
all.

GT

Collector»NZ 03-20-2006 09:07 AM

Steven H wrote:
> Hello Gavin,
>
> 118 men got killed, most likely drowned slowely - and you turn it into
> something to laugh about.
>
> one has to ask how low will people go in order to get a laugh, should we
> start poking fun at 80 year old grandmothers who have a serial number
> cut into their forearm ?
>
> or should we wait untill their all dead.
>
> ----------------
> Steven H
>
> the madGeek
>
>> It's not often you get some decent humour about Windows that's tongue
>> in cheek, I thought this might amuse....
>>
>> http://www.strategypage.com/humor/ar...es_2005620.asp
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> GT

Oh dam someone else who needs to get a life.

**** I bet you even support the outrage against the recent news about Islamic
prophet cartoons.

| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*