Velocity Reviews

-   -   Email to SMS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578045-email-to-sms.html)

Ian Boag 03-09-2006 06:39 PM

Email to SMS

Can someone give me a summary of the options and costs. I want to send
an automatic alarm message when something happens. It's short and I
don't expect the service to be free

IB

Nicholas Sherlock 03-09-2006 07:17 PM

Re: Email to SMS

Ian Boag wrote:
> Can someone give me a summary of the options and costs. I want to send
> an automatic alarm message when something happens. It's short and I
> don't expect the service to be free

You could use the Clickatell gateway, they support a SMTP interface:

http://www.clickatell.com/

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

thing2 03-09-2006 10:17 PM

Re: Email to SMS

Ian Boag wrote:
> Can someone give me a summary of the options and costs. I want to send
> an automatic alarm message when something happens. It's short and I
> don't expect the service to be free
>
> IB

If you have a mobile account you need to ask them? I assume if you have
a mobile sms'ing would be free.

There are Windows server/clients and linux ones for this.

regards

Thing