Velocity Reviews

-   -   Configuring Ghost client (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t578042-configuring-ghost-client.html)

SchoolTech 03-09-2006 07:16 AM

Configuring Ghost client

When you install the Ghost console client on a desktop it gives an
option to specify the name of the Console server.

There does not appear to be any such option for changing the server name
in an existing installation without uninstalling and then reinstalling
the console client. Is there any way of doing this?

Dave Taylor 03-09-2006 10:36 AM

Re: Configuring Ghost client

SchoolTech <schoolcomputertech@education.nz> wrote in

> When you install the Ghost console client on a desktop it gives an
> option to specify the name of the Console server.
>
> There does not appear to be any such option for changing the server name
> in an existing installation without uninstalling and then reinstalling
> the console client. Is there any way of doing this?

Took me about 2 minutes with Clusty. http://www.clusty.com
Come on, do you even try google before posting?
http://jfgi.us/

"I also discovered a way to force the client to look for the new name of
the ghost server and not the old one. This is necessary for multicasting to
work. All I have to do is remove the public.crt file from the client and
allow it to pull the new one from the server. If the new one is the same as
the old one nothing will change."

From:
http://staff.rio.edu/bdonato/blog/?p=92

--
Ciao, Dave

joseph.watkins@gmail.com 03-09-2006 10:09 PM

Dave Taylor wrote:
> SchoolTech <schoolcomputertech@education.nz> wrote in
>
> > When you install the Ghost console client on a desktop it gives an
> > option to specify the name of the Console server.
> >
> > There does not appear to be any such option for changing the server name
> > in an existing installation without uninstalling and then reinstalling
> > the console client. Is there any way of doing this?
> >

> Took me about 2 minutes with Clusty. http://www.clusty.com
> Come on, do you even try google before posting?
> http://jfgi.us/
>
> "I also discovered a way to force the client to look for the new name of
> the ghost server and not the old one. This is necessary for multicasting to
> work. All I have to do is remove the public.crt file from the client and
> allow it to pull the new one from the server. If the new one is the same as
> the old one nothing will change."
>
> From:
> http://staff.rio.edu/bdonato/blog/?p=92

If you have more than one server then this is not such a good method,
as you will pick up the first one that comes along. To force a client
to connect to a particular server, you can edit pubkey.crt using
notepad, and replace the contents with the server name.

Note that the file is named "pubkey.crt", not "public.crt"