Velocity Reviews

-   -   2.5" caddie Q (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577926-2-5-caddie-q.html)

BB 02-28-2006 07:03 AM

2.5" caddie Q

Hiya,

can anyone tell me why my USB2 2.5" HDD caddie comes with a USB power cable?

Everything I've plugged it into has been able to power it over the USB data
line...

BB
NZ

Dodger 02-28-2006 07:17 AM

Re: 2.5" caddie Q

BB wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> can anyone tell me why my USB2 2.5" HDD caddie comes with a USB power cable?
>
> Everything I've plugged it into has been able to power it over the USB data
> line...
>
> BB
> NZ

Some laptops are unable to power the drives.
I had no problems when I was running an old 6GB drive in my caddie,
but once I moved to a 40GB drive I found a few systems that didn't like. it.

90% of systems seem fine without the power adapter

Nova 02-28-2006 07:29 AM

Re: 2.5" caddie Q

BB wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> can anyone tell me why my USB2 2.5" HDD caddie comes with a USB power cable?
>
> Everything I've plugged it into has been able to power it over the USB data
> line...
>
> BB
> NZ

Some laptops won't provide enough power and plenty of desktops won't
provide enough power to front usb ports