Velocity Reviews

-   -   Jetstream Service (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577925-jetstream-service.html)

Rastus 02-28-2006 05:14 AM

Jetstream Service

Is it just me or are others finding the Jetstream service very slow
and erratic today? It's 6.10 pm or there abouts as I type this. I'm In
Christchurch and yes, I'm with Xtra.

It's so bad that I can't really do anything productive. Even going to
my Oline Banking website, it 'times out' before it can open the page.

Cheers

Craig Whitmore 02-28-2006 05:36 AM

Re: Jetstream Service

"Rastus" <Invalid_name@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Is it just me or are others finding the Jetstream service very slow
> and erratic today? It's 6.10 pm or there abouts as I type this. I'm In
> Christchurch and yes, I'm with Xtra.

Try http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest. Gets used over 40,000 times a month
from NZers (so it must be good :-) )

It wiill give you an estimation of your speed.

Are you sure you have nothing open like P2P or have a virus or alike?

Thanks
Craig

whoisthis 02-28-2006 06:39 PM

Re: Jetstream Service

In article <vsm702lsshq2ps60av9ndbsvfc58judmsj@4ax.com>,
Rastus <Invalid_name@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Is it just me or are others finding the Jetstream service very slow
> and erratic today? It's 6.10 pm or there abouts as I type this. I'm In
> Christchurch and yes, I'm with Xtra.
>
> It's so bad that I can't really do anything productive. Even going to
> my Oline Banking website, it 'times out' before it can open the page.
>
> Cheers

welcome to the new faster, cheaper broadband..... you are just so lucky
to get it before the rest of us.

Mutlley 02-28-2006 07:28 PM

Re: Jetstream Service

Rastus <Invalid_name@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Is it just me or are others finding the Jetstream service very slow
>and erratic today? It's 6.10 pm or there abouts as I type this. I'm In
>Christchurch and yes, I'm with Xtra.
>
>It's so bad that I can't really do anything productive. Even going to
>my Oline Banking website, it 'times out' before it can open the page.
>
>Cheers

At work we have been finding this since about Wednesday last week.
Speed test run at anything from dial up to about 3.5megbits. On Xtra
as well..

Andrew 02-28-2006 07:43 PM

Re: Jetstream Service

Rastus wrote:
> Is it just me or are others finding the Jetstream service very slow
> and erratic today? It's 6.10 pm or there abouts as I type this. I'm In
> Christchurch and yes, I'm with Xtra.
>
> It's so bad that I can't really do anything productive. Even going to
> my Oline Banking website, it 'times out' before it can open the page.
>
> Cheers

Had no problems last night... im with xtra, Torrenting at about 200k

Andrew 02-28-2006 07:45 PM

Re: Jetstream Service

Andrew wrote:
> Rastus wrote:
>> Is it just me or are others finding the Jetstream service very slow
>> and erratic today? It's 6.10 pm or there abouts as I type this. I'm In
>> Christchurch and yes, I'm with Xtra.
>>
>> It's so bad that I can't really do anything productive. Even going to
>> my Oline Banking website, it 'times out' before it can open the page.
>>
>> Cheers

> Had no problems last night... im with xtra, Torrenting at about 200k

Im in wellington btw