Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   ferrit advert (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577868-ferrit-advert.html)

XPD 02-20-2006 07:05 PM

ferrit advert
 
So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?

http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg

It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.



Waylon Kenning 02-20-2006 07:26 PM

Re: ferrit advert
 
T'was the Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:05:10 +1300 when I remembered "XPD"
<spamspam@xpd.xpd.co....nz> saying something like this:

>So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>
>http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>
>It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.


Somebody at Ferrit has been watching too many Ali G shows, this is a
pretty poor Borat rip off.
--
Cheers,

Waylon Kenning.
See my blog at http://spaces.msn.com/WaylonKenning/

~misfit~ 02-20-2006 11:49 PM

Re: ferrit advert
 
XPD wrote:
> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>
> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>
> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.


'crap' is a good title for it. I wouldn't go near ferrit on principle,
adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.
Total alienation of a large part of the intended market.
--
~misfit~



jedmeister 02-20-2006 11:51 PM

Re: ferrit advert
 

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@wahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
news:43fa54fc$1@news2.actrix.gen.nz...
> XPD wrote:
>> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>>
>> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>>
>> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

>
> 'crap' is a good title for it. I wouldn't go near ferrit on principle,
> adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.
> Total alienation of a large part of the intended market.
> --
> ~misfit~
>


I hate telecom (and the power companies come to think of it).They are
corrupt monopolies.

Whenever I have an ability to avoid telecom I do so.

Unfortunately, I cannot avoid their phone line/adsl since it is the best
service and I need it for work. Fingers crossed , naked dsl /unbundling is
comig.

So, I spit on their website.



Andrew 02-21-2006 12:03 AM

Re: ferrit advert
 
~misfit~ wrote:
> XPD wrote:
>> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>>
>> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>>
>> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

>
> 'crap' is a good title for it. I wouldn't go near ferrit on principle,
> adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.
> Total alienation of a large part of the intended market.


I do like telecoms phone adverts on TV - land line NOT mobile




Collector»NZ 02-21-2006 04:14 AM

Re: ferrit advert
 
XPD wrote:
> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>
> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>
> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.
>
>

What amazes me is that you read the Herald without an adblock running.

--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
================================================== ====================
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at http://nzcollector.blogspot.com

XPD 02-21-2006 05:13 AM

Re: ferrit advert
 
"Collector»NZ" <collector.nz@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:43fa93dd$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> XPD wrote:
>> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>>
>> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>>
>> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.
>>
>>

> What amazes me is that you read the Herald without an adblock running.


I have only just installed AdBlock so give me a break :-p




Invisible 02-21-2006 05:49 AM

Re: ferrit advert
 
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:49:18 +1300, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@wahoo.co.nz> wrote:

>XPD wrote:
>> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>>
>> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>>
>> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

>


>adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.


If anyone needs a severe beatdown, it's those geekoids.


Mark Robinson 02-21-2006 08:32 AM

Re: ferrit advert
 
Invisible wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:49:18 +1300, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@wahoo.co.nz> wrote:
>>XPD wrote:
>>>So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
>>>http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
>>>It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

>>adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.

> If anyone needs a severe beatdown, it's those geekoids.


Which marketing wonk decided to sell Xtra as the ISP with extra ornery-ness ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.