Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ipodder/juice question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577815-ipodder-juice-question.html)

Gregor Ronald 02-14-2006 08:01 AM

Ipodder/juice question

Hi,

I'm experimenting with Juice, the latest version of iPodder the podcast
client. Using a Mac, OS 10.4, home ADSL going out to the world via
wireless to my home router, then via a firewall at work. (Lucky me,
work pays and my traffic terminates on the work LAN.)

But - Juice polls the sites I've set up - two they provided and two I
added for initial tests -- then reports "No episodes found." It also
won't let me edit feed names, but I can paste URLs for New Site. I have
Juice v2.2 - is this just a flaky version or should I check some
firewall settings, or ...???

Cheers,
Gregor

Damos 02-15-2006 06:38 AM

Re: Ipodder/juice question

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:01:52 +1300, Gregor Ronald
<gregor.ronald@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm experimenting with Juice, the latest version of iPodder the podcast
> client. Using a Mac, OS 10.4, home ADSL going out to the world via
> wireless to my home router, then via a firewall at work. (Lucky me,
> work pays and my traffic terminates on the work LAN.)
>
> But - Juice polls the sites I've set up - two they provided and two I
> added for initial tests -- then reports "No episodes found." It also
> won't let me edit feed names, but I can paste URLs for New Site. I have
> Juice v2.2 - is this just a flaky version or should I check some
> firewall settings, or ...???
>
> Cheers,
> Gregor

I've been using Ipodder 2.1 for the last 6months or so and had no
problems with it dehind a dlink router via LAN
Mainly BBC related streams. Had to cut and paste the URLs as double
clicking just loaded a new page in Opera.
Silly question I know, but I assume that there are new episodes to
download??

Damos

Gregor Ronald 02-16-2006 08:11 AM

Re: Ipodder/juice question

i realise there may not be new episodes in all four sites I have so
far, but one site is a test site which presumably always has something
to download, and another is Ricky Gervais (The Office) hosted by the
Guardian in the UK, and it definitely has a current download.
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/podcasts/rickygervais/mp3.xml)

Maybe I'm doing something dumb, should the URLs look like this or have
I got the wrong format?

The other thing that seems flaky is that the new feed dialogue wonn't
allow me to type anything in the Name/description field - perhaps this
is just a flaky beta of the new Juice version, and I should go for an
earlier version.

Thanks for the interest, any suggestions welcomed.

Gregor

Gregor Ronald 02-16-2006 08:56 AM

Re: Ipodder/juice question

Fixed! It was proxy settings - it's amazing how a Mac has so many
places where proxy settings are saved. I turned off "Use proxy server"
and it works... Doh, wish I'd looked here 2 days ago.

Cheers,
Gregor