Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird annoyance (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577666-thunderbird-annoyance.html)

Philip 01-25-2006 02:40 AM

Thunderbird annoyance

I use Thunderbird for e-mail & newsgroups, but I find that when I first
access a newsgroup displayed as threads, that it opens and completely
expands a random thread - usually but not always one I haven't posted in.

This can involve endless scrolling through stuff of no interest - any
ideas how to suppress this behavior?

Running Version 1.5 (20051201).

Philip

The Other Guy 01-25-2006 03:54 AM

Re: Thunderbird annoyance

Philip wrote:
> I use Thunderbird for e-mail & newsgroups, but I find that when I first
> access a newsgroup displayed as threads, that it opens and completely
> expands a random thread - usually but not always one I haven't posted in.
>
> This can involve endless scrolling through stuff of no interest - any
> ideas how to suppress this behavior?

This 'feature' is annoying. My guess is that it is trying to draw your
attention to the oldest thread you have posted in, but it always seems
to be wrong.

I too would like to be able to turn this off, but have never worked out how.

Another Thunderbird feature I'd like to know how to turn on... grouping
by date. I accidentally turned this on once, it turned off when I sorted
by a column, and would like to get it back. It was useful to see
messages from Today, Yesterday, Last week etc.

The Other Guy

EMB 01-25-2006 05:09 AM

Re: Thunderbird annoyance

The Other Guy wrote:

> Another Thunderbird feature I'd like to know how to turn on... grouping
> by date. I accidentally turned this on once, it turned off when I sorted
> by a column, and would like to get it back. It was useful to see
> messages from Today, Yesterday, Last week etc.

Sort in date column, then View --> Group --> Group by sort

--
EMB