Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows XP Pro Genuine Label (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577398-windows-xp-pro-genuine-label.html)

Rider 12-21-2005 07:39 AM

Windows XP Pro Genuine Label

What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?

I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
should look like the one I've got.

I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.

Rider

Mark 12-21-2005 09:02 AM

Re: Windows XP Pro Genuine Label

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:39:34 +1300, "Rider"
<the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?
>
>I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
>should look like the one I've got.
>
>I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.
>
>Rider

Microsoft has recently changed the COA sticker...chances are it'll be
okay..

For more info..

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...on=Compare+Now

Cheers,

Mark

XPD 12-21-2005 09:07 AM

"Rider" <the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?
>
> I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
> should look like the one I've got.
>
> I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.
>
> Rider

http://www.egizmoz.com/Image/Computer/W_Media_B.jpg

Thats the common one we get at work.

Or - http://www.microsoft.com/italy/licen.../oem_label.jpg

Kristofer Clayton 12-21-2005 10:12 AM

Re: Windows XP Pro Genuine Label

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:39:34 +1300, "Rider"
<the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?

I noticed they changed the other day too. The new one is stupid
looking and seems to be more paper-ish. It also doesn't nicely fit
anywhere on the back of most cases and is ugly. Why fix what's not
broken eh.
--
Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
Gisborne, New Zealand

Rob J 12-21-2005 11:16 AM

Re: Windows XP Pro Genuine Label

In article <TE7qf.9536$vH5.476195@news.xtra.co.nz>,
the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com says...
> What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?
>
> I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
> should look like the one I've got.
>
> I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.

This is one of the $89.95 scams is it?

Rider 12-21-2005 07:47 PM

"Rob J" <rob.j@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:MPG.1e1400d4ab1cab92989a6d@news.chc.ihug.co.n z...
> In article <TE7qf.9536$vH5.476195@news.xtra.co.nz>,
> the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com says...
>> What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?
>>
>> I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
>> should look like the one I've got.
>>
>> I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.

> This is one of the $89.95 scams is it?

What?

Rider 12-21-2005 07:48 PM

"XPD" <spamspam@xpd.xpd.co....nz> wrote in message

> "Rider" <the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?
>>
>> I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
>> should look like the one I've got.
>>
>> I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.
>>
>> Rider
>>

> http://www.egizmoz.com/Image/Computer/W_Media_B.jpg
>
> Thats the common one we get at work.
>
> Or - http://www.microsoft.com/italy/licen.../oem_label.jpg

Doesn't look like either of those. Its a funny roundish shape, is a faded
yellow colour and paper.

Rider 12-21-2005 07:49 PM

"Kristofer Clayton" <ksoft@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:39:34 +1300, "Rider"
> <the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?

> I noticed they changed the other day too. The new one is stupid
> looking and seems to be more paper-ish. It also doesn't nicely fit
> anywhere on the back of most cases and is ugly. Why fix what's not
> broken eh.

Yeah thats it. And if you tried, you can peel the paper off the sticker.
Very poor design ... or deliverate design so they wear off and people have
to rebuy it because the cd key is gone after 3 years.

Cheers

Rider 12-21-2005 07:51 PM

"Mark" <mark@somewhere.x> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:39:34 +1300, "Rider"
> <the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?
>>
>>I just received an OEM version from a supplier, and I'm not so certain it
>>should look like the one I've got.
>>
>>I went to Microsoft website ... and this doesn't look like them.
>>
>>Rider
>>

> Microsoft has recently changed the COA sticker...chances are it'll be
> okay..
>
> For more info..
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...on=Compare+Now
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Thanks

The microsoft website I saw yesterday hadn't listed the ugly yellow sticker
at all. Now I'm satisfied its real.

Cheers

nil_einne1@email.com 12-22-2005 03:39 PM

Kristofer Clayton wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:39:34 +1300, "Rider"
> <the_riderNOSPAMMM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >What does the current Windows XP Professional CD key label look like?

> I noticed they changed the other day too. The new one is stupid
> looking and seems to be more paper-ish. It also doesn't nicely fit
> anywhere on the back of most cases and is ugly. Why fix what's not
> broken eh.

Maybe it was broken? From MSes point of view, anything that costs more
without providing any more security would probably be 'broken'.

However alternatively, they might feel it wise to change them regularly
to help combat counterfeiters.