Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   Does any one know (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577340-does-any-one-know.html)

Krazy Bob 12-14-2005 11:05 AM

Does any one know
 
If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT AGP)

The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a huge
memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that doesn't help.

i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up the sensor
reading.

Is anybody out there could shed some light?

TIA
KB



Dave Taylor 12-14-2005 11:39 AM

Re: Does any one know
 
"Krazy Bob" <KB@dontspam.com> wrote in news:J%Snf.8065$vH5.403130
@news.xtra.co.nz:

> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT AGP)
>


My Nvidia display driver has a temp sensor panel, Under Advanced display
properties.
Do you have the latest drivers? I have the a similar card...

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html

--
Ciao, Dave

~misfit~ 12-14-2005 02:44 PM

Re: Does any one know
 
Krazy Bob wrote:
> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT
> AGP)
> The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a
> huge memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that
> doesn't help.
> i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up the
> sensor reading.
>
> Is anybody out there could shed some light?


Speedfan.
--
~misfit~



Steve 12-14-2005 05:57 PM

Re: Does any one know
 

"Dave Taylor" <daveytay@nospamplshotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns972D6B1032CFdaveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37 .6...
> "Krazy Bob" <KB@dontspam.com> wrote in news:J%Snf.8065$vH5.403130
> @news.xtra.co.nz:
>
>> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT AGP)
>>

>
> My Nvidia display driver has a temp sensor panel, Under Advanced display
> properties.
> Do you have the latest drivers? I have the a similar card...
>
> http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_4.html
>
> --
> Ciao, Dave


Ditto. 6800GT. Temperature Settings page in the Nvidia tab of the
Display\Settings control panel.

Cheers.



Krazy Bob 12-14-2005 09:45 PM

Re: Does any one know
 

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@wahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
news:43a030ed@news.orcon.net.nz...
> Krazy Bob wrote:
>> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT
>> AGP)
>> The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a
>> huge memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that
>> doesn't help.
>> i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up the
>> sensor reading.
>>
>> Is anybody out there could shed some light?

>
> Speedfan.
> --
> ~misfit~

I guess im looking at the ACPI temp for my graphic card chip?

KB



~misfit~ 12-15-2005 01:29 AM

Re: Does any one know
 
Krazy Bob wrote:
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@wahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:43a030ed@news.orcon.net.nz...
>> Krazy Bob wrote:
>>> If there is anyway i can get a temp reading on my GPU (nvidia 6600GT
>>> AGP)
>>> The winfox programe that was given to me, does the trick, but is a
>>> huge memory and resource hogger, i tried nvidia's nTune, but that
>>> doesn't help.
>>> i have mother board monitor 5, but i cant configure it to pick up
>>> the sensor reading.
>>>
>>> Is anybody out there could shed some light?

>>
>> Speedfan.
>> --
>> ~misfit~

> I guess im looking at the ACPI temp for my graphic card chip?


No, the two sensors on my card are just listed, quite a way down the list,
as 'Temp 1' and 'Temp 2' but under the "Configure" tab they are listed as
being read by a Winbond W83L785R sensor chip. (Motherboard-based is Winbond
W83627HF). YMMV for the graphics sensor but the mobo one should be the same.
They are listed immediately above HDD temp and ACPI temp (I haven't beeen
able to work that one out).
--
~misfit~




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.