Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is this possible with Thunderbird (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57732-is-this-possible-with-thunderbird.html)

Newfdog 04-06-2006 03:36 PM

Is this possible with Thunderbird

Hi...... Is it possible to look at mail, that has been downloaded from
the server, to one pc from another pc attached by a network? What I want
to know is can I read mail already downloaded to my desktop using my
laptop? Both machines are running Thunderbird.

Newfdog

Ed Mullen 04-06-2006 06:02 PM

Re: Is this possible with Thunderbird

Newfdog wrote:
> Hi...... Is it possible to look at mail, that has been downloaded from
> the server, to one pc from another pc attached by a network? What I want
> to know is can I read mail already downloaded to my desktop using my
> laptop? Both machines are running Thunderbird.
>
> Newfdog

I do it all the time. I have two profiles on my laptop, one that is
local only and one that has its mail and news location on the LAN.
http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_mailsync.html

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Newfdog 04-07-2006 02:04 AM

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Newfdog wrote:
>> Hi...... Is it possible to look at mail, that has been downloaded from
>> the server, to one pc from another pc attached by a network? What I
>> want to know is can I read mail already downloaded to my desktop using
>> my laptop? Both machines are running Thunderbird.
>>
>> Newfdog

> I do it all the time. I have two profiles on my laptop, one that is
> local only and one that has its mail and news location on the LAN.
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_mailsync.html

Checked it out Ed. I might try it but I was looking for a much simpler
solution. Thanks for the reply though.

Newfdog

Ed Mullen 04-07-2006 04:02 AM

Newfdog wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Newfdog wrote:
>>> Hi...... Is it possible to look at mail, that has been downloaded
>>> from the server, to one pc from another pc attached by a network?
>>> What I want to know is can I read mail already downloaded to my
>>> desktop using my laptop? Both machines are running Thunderbird.
>>>
>>> Newfdog

>> I do it all the time. I have two profiles on my laptop, one that is
>> local only and one that has its mail and news location on the LAN.
>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_mailsync.html
>>

> Checked it out Ed. I might try it but I was looking for a much simpler
> solution. Thanks for the reply though.
>
> Newfdog

If there's something there that is troublesome, let me know. It sounds
a lot more difficult than it really is.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net