Velocity Reviews

-   -   46 top FREE utils (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577264-46-top-free-utils.html)

Craig Sutton 12-10-2005 10:39 AM

46 top FREE utils

Well worth a play here.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm

~misfit~ 12-10-2005 03:59 PM

Re: 46 top FREE utils

Craig Sutton wrote:
> Well worth a play here.
> http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm

Thanks for that Craig, bookmarked for later perusal. Had a quick look and
agree with all the categories I'm mainly interested in. Should be handy for
if I need something from a different category.

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

Craig Sutton 12-11-2005 02:13 AM

Re: 46 top FREE utils

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@wahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> Craig Sutton wrote:
> > Well worth a play here.
> > http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm

> Thanks for that Craig, bookmarked for later perusal. Had a quick look and
> agree with all the categories I'm mainly interested in. Should be handy

for
> if I need something from a different category.

Might make for an excellent tools disk?

ChrisOD 12-11-2005 02:36 AM

Re: 46 top FREE utils

In article <dneba9$6qp$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Craig Sutton wrote:
> Well worth a play here.
> http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm

Thanks for that Craig,

The only issue I have is that a large proportion of the tools seems
to be things like spyware removal, virus protection, popup blocker
etc, in other words just tools to stop the scum out there rather
than things that might make our lives better.

On reflection I would probably put togeather a similar list.
It just annoys me that so much time/energy has gone into fighting
scumbags.

Craig Shore 12-11-2005 11:09 AM

Re: 46 top FREE utils

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:36:16 +1300, ChrisOD <chris@dont.send.me.any.email>
wrote:

>In article <dneba9$6qp$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, Craig Sutton wrote:
>> Well worth a play here.
>> http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm
>>

>Thanks for that Craig,
>
>The only issue I have is that a large proportion of the tools seems
>to be things like spyware removal, virus protection, popup blocker
>etc, in other words just tools to stop the scum out there rather
>than things that might make our lives better.

There is a list of 36 of the most popular apps, and it doesn't have any of the
spyware removal etc. Of course you shouldn't be accessing any of the content on
the site as it's not freeware. Just type FOSI into the Firefox address bar.
The page has been on the net since 1997 - dunno how he manages to keep it up.