Velocity Reviews

-   -   Bearshare P2P will not connect. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577229-bearshare-p2p-will-not-connect.html)

XP 12-06-2005 11:42 AM

Bearshare P2P will not connect.

Is their any think funny in setting this up

A friend it trying to use it, but it does not connect, his Son recommended it
but I don't know if its been seen running as they are both on the same
Router..

I did a test on my system and have no problems at all, I did nothing to my
Router, but had to with eMule due to the port address used, I think it was
referred to as port forwarding..

Krazy Bob 12-06-2005 09:54 PM

Re: Bearshare P2P will not connect.

I hated emule, even when i port forward and disbabled my software firewall,
i was having troubles always connecting.

downloaded limewire and get roughly 89-100KB for each download,
and when i use bit torrent roughly 30KB.

KB

steve 12-06-2005 11:08 PM

XP wrote:

> Is their any think funny in setting this up
>

> A friend it trying to use it, but it does not connect, his Son recommended
> it but I don't know if its been seen running as they are both on the same
> Router..
>
> I did a test on my system and have no problems at all, I did nothing to my
> Router, but had to with eMule due to the port address used, I think it was
> referred to as port forwarding..

If your firend has a firewall or a firewalling router, he may have to open
the relvent ports for the P2P traffic to pass in/out of his home network
(even if it is just one PC).

XP 12-06-2005 11:22 PM

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:54:08 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:

>I hated emule, even when i port forward and disbabled my software firewall,
>i was having troubles always connecting.

I am not having any problems at all with eMule, its friend that is trying to
get Bearshare to work..

XP 12-06-2005 11:23 PM

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:08:58 +1300, steve <steve@linuxisgreat.org.nz> wrote:

>XP wrote:
>

>> Is their any think funny in setting this up
>>

>> A friend it trying to use it, but it does not connect, his Son recommended
>> it but I don't know if its been seen running as they are both on the same
>> Router..
>>
>> I did a test on my system and have no problems at all, I did nothing to my
>> Router, but had to with eMule due to the port address used, I think it was
>> referred to as port forwarding..

>If your firend has a firewall or a firewalling router, he may have to open
>the relvent ports for the P2P traffic to pass in/out of his home network
>(even if it is just one PC).

But his Son is claiming it works...?

Dave Taylor 12-07-2005 08:33 AM

Re: Bearshare P2P will not connect.

XP <xp@nospam.comn> wrote in

> Is their any think funny in setting this up

Usually you have to port forward something for p2p to work:

http://www.portforward.com/
--
Ciao, Dave