Velocity Reviews

-   -   Clear Having Issues (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577214-clear-having-issues.html)

Rider 12-04-2005 10:42 PM

Clear Having Issues

Have had a few clients all connected with Clear, not being able to resolve
websites or get/send email this morning.

This is in the Gisborne area. Is this nationwide or isloted to this area?

Rider

leftist_elk@yahoo.co.uk 12-04-2005 11:29 PM

Re: Clear Having Issues

Rider wrote:
> Have had a few clients all connected with Clear, not being able to resolve
> websites or get/send email this morning.
>
> This is in the Gisborne area. Is this nationwide or isloted to this area?

My work's website (hosted by Clear) is on the blink as well. (As is
www.clear.net.nz for that matter).

I can FTP into the site using the IP address but not the URL

Tony 12-04-2005 11:33 PM

Re: Clear Having Issues

The Clearnet DNS servers have been in a completely failed state all day
so far.

Temp 12-05-2005 12:21 AM

Re: Clear Having Issues

On 4 Dec 2005 15:29:02 -0800, leftist_elk@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

>Rider wrote:
>> Have had a few clients all connected with Clear, not being able to resolve
>> websites or get/send email this morning.
>>
>> This is in the Gisborne area. Is this nationwide or isloted to this area?

>My work's website (hosted by Clear) is on the blink as well. (As is
>www.clear.net.nz for that matter).
>
>I can FTP into the site using the IP address but not the URL

Their status page is borked too!

XPD 12-05-2005 02:30 AM

Re: Clear Having Issues

"Allistar" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:4393a583@clear.net.nz...
> Rider wrote:
>
>> Have had a few clients all connected with Clear, not being able to
>> resolve
>> websites or get/send email this morning.
>>
>> This is in the Gisborne area. Is this nationwide or isloted to this area?
>>
>> Rider

> First it was their authentication servers, then their DNS followed by
> their
> nntp server. Are all of these services running on the same computer or
> something? ****es me off when I have a connection but no DNS service to
> rely on.
>
> Allistar.

Ive had issues with Xtra, Clear, Maxnet and QSI today...... fun :)
All 2mb DSL or better plans... think I could get any of them to admit an
issue ? Nope... all helpdesks busy :-p

Allistar 12-05-2005 02:31 AM

Re: Clear Having Issues

Charlie G 12-05-2005 04:23 AM

Re: Clear Having Issues

"Rider" <the_rider_GOAWAYSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have had a few clients all connected with Clear, not being able to resolve
> websites or get/send email this morning.
>
> This is in the Gisborne area. Is this nationwide or isloted to this area?

Our work phone & network services are through telstra clear nationwide. We
got an outage message saying they had a crash in their firewall equipment
causing national problems, and would likely take till tomorrow morning to
fix.

Peter 12-05-2005 07:32 AM

Re: Clear Having Issues

Charlie G wrote:

> Our work phone & network services are through telstra clear nationwide.
> We got an outage message saying they had a crash in their firewall
> equipment causing national problems, and would likely take till tomorrow
> morning to fix.

Funny, when Telecom's Palmerston North telephone exchange crashed for
several hours a few years ago, a very senior head rolled (backup tapes
failed to load, and the best they could do was to re-load with a 6 month
old tape the equipment suppliers happened to have, then update everything
by hand).

I think TelstraClear's real customers are the Telstra bosses in Australia,
not the punters who actually use their internet services.

Allistar 12-05-2005 09:01 AM

Re: Clear Having Issues

XPD wrote:

> "Allistar" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:4393a583@clear.net.nz...
>> Rider wrote:
>>
>>> Have had a few clients all connected with Clear, not being able to
>>> resolve
>>> websites or get/send email this morning.
>>>
>>> This is in the Gisborne area. Is this nationwide or isloted to this
>>> area?
>>>
>>> Rider

>> First it was their authentication servers, then their DNS followed by
>> their
>> nntp server. Are all of these services running on the same computer or
>> something? ****es me off when I have a connection but no DNS service to
>> rely on.
>>
>> Allistar.

> Ive had issues with Xtra, Clear, Maxnet and QSI today...... fun :)
> All 2mb DSL or better plans... think I could get any of them to admit an
> issue ? Nope... all helpdesks busy :-p

I ended up having to set up ssh port forwards to a network I have access to
that has a working DNS so I could access email. Just a tad annoying. It
seems to be working fine now though.

Allistar.