Velocity Reviews

-   -   PDF Writer Program (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577185-pdf-writer-program.html)

Rider 11-30-2005 08:01 PM

PDF Writer Program

Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
have popups or watermarks?

Any help appreciated

Rider

JC 11-30-2005 08:28 PM

Re: PDF Writer Program

Rider wrote:
> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

Yep, Primo PDF and open office

Rider 11-30-2005 08:32 PM

Re: PDF Writer Program

"JC" <nntp@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Rider wrote:
>> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
>> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
>>
>> Any help appreciated
>>
>> Rider
>>

> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.

It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ... anything
else I've missed?

Rider

shannon 11-30-2005 08:35 PM

Re: PDF Writer Program

http://sector7g.wurzel6.de/pdfcreator/index_en.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

shannon 11-30-2005 09:05 PM

Re: PDF Writer Program

Rider wrote:
> "JC" <nntp@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:dml219$93o$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
>> Rider wrote:
>>> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that
>>> doesn't have popups or watermarks?
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated
>>>
>>> Rider
>>>

>> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

> Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print anything.
> Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the printer.
>
> It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
> 'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ... anything
> else I've missed?
>
> Rider

Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

Rider 11-30-2005 09:10 PM

Re: PDF Writer Program

"shannon" <me2@privacy.net> wrote in message news:438e1409$1@clear.net.nz...
> Rider wrote:
>> "JC" <nntp@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

>>> Yep, Primo PDF and open office

>> Just installed Primo ... damn thing doesn't want to actually print
>> anything. Looks like its doing something but nothing comes out of the
>> printer.
>>
>> It's going to be one of those days I think. I've told the Primo driver to
>> 'copy stdout to printer' and picked the printer I want to use ...
>> anything else I've missed?
>>
>> Rider
>>

> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
automatically print.

My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not open
Adobe Reader and you click on print.

Might just go home now LOL

Rider

Mackin_NZ 12-01-2005 01:42 AM

Re: PDF Writer Program

Rider wrote:

> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Rider

I use CutePDF Writer. Works very well.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Mackin

pixel 12-01-2005 04:41 AM

Re: PDF Writer Program

"Rider" <the_rider_GOAWAYSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "shannon" <me2@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> Use Acrobat Reader to print, most of the pdf writer apps come up with a
>> print dialogue and print to a pdf file at the file location you select.

> Yeah I can get it to open in the Reader program, but it doesn't
> automatically print.
>
> My understanding was that it was supposed to print automatically, not open
> Adobe Reader and you click on print.

Nope. It just "prints" to a pdf file, and opens Acrobat Reader for you.
You have to click on print.
Why not print from the source ? and then print to pdf.

Ralph Fox 12-01-2005 09:54 AM

Re: PDF Writer Program

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:01:22 +1300, in message
*<mynjf.4878$vH5.268313@news.xtra.co.nz>, Rider wrote:

> Has anyone used a good, usable free PDF writer/print program, that doesn't
> have popups or watermarks?
>
> Any help appreciated

For more ideas, check this thread from a few months ago

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=dd9rij$45r$1%40lust.ihug.co.nz

John in Surrey 12-01-2005 04:25 PM

Re: PDF Writer Program

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:28:55 +1300, JC <nntp@ihug.co.nz> wrote: