Velocity Reviews

-   -   US online retailers that ship to NZ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t577045-us-online-retailers-that-ship-to-nz.html)

pixel 11-17-2005 07:45 PM

US online retailers that ship to NZ

in the coming weeks i'll be looking to buy some highend memory and a
graphics card, and was wondering if anybody knows of US sites that
accept international orders? not sure why but OC memory is twice as
expensive here in NZ. the graphics card will be the leadtek 7800GTX
Extreme (factory OC with custom cooler), here i can get it for just over
1,000. i would consider the new 512MB version if i could get a good
price in the US ;)

Daniel 11-17-2005 09:51 PM

Re: US online retailers that ship to NZ

John A Fergusion wrote:

> Not an online retailer, but a mail forwarder. Check out www.myus.com, using
> their service you can purchase from any US online retailer giving them a
> valid US delivery address. When received there myus.com will forward it on
> to you.
>
> Probably a bit expensive for a one off, but if you're making several
> purchases it could be worthwhile.
>
> Cheers,
> John

What put me off the US mail forwarders is that when paying an online
retailer with my VISA card, they could tell I didn't actually live in
the US (based on my registered VISA address).

What form of payment did you use?

Daniel 11-17-2005 09:57 PM

pixel wrote:
> in the coming weeks i'll be looking to buy some highend memory and a
> graphics card, and was wondering if anybody knows of US sites that
> accept international orders? not sure why but OC memory is twice as
> expensive here in NZ. the graphics card will be the leadtek 7800GTX
> Extreme (factory OC with custom cooler), here i can get it for just over
> 1,000. i would consider the new 512MB version if i could get a good
> price in the US ;)

I think Tiger Direct do (or used to). But, they have shocking after
sales service.

A shame newegg and zipzoomfly don't ship international.

Greg 11-18-2005 05:50 AM

Daniel wrote:
> pixel wrote:
>
>> in the coming weeks i'll be looking to buy some highend memory and a
>> graphics card, and was wondering if anybody knows of US sites that
>> accept international orders? not sure why but OC memory is twice as
>> expensive here in NZ. the graphics card will be the leadtek 7800GTX
>> Extreme (factory OC with custom cooler), here i can get it for just
>> over 1,000. i would consider the new 512MB version if i could get a
>> good price in the US ;)

> I think Tiger Direct do (or used to). But, they have shocking after
> sales service.
>
> A shame newegg and zipzoomfly don't ship international.

tiger direct don't take overseas credit cards, just tried

Kent Smith 11-27-2005 10:38 PM

"Daniel" <atari400@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> John A Fergusion wrote:
>>
>> Not an online retailer, but a mail forwarder. Check out www.myus.com,
>> using
>> their service you can purchase from any US online retailer giving them a
>> valid US delivery address. When received there myus.com will forward it
>> on
>> to you.
>>
>> Probably a bit expensive for a one off, but if you're making several
>> purchases it could be worthwhile.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> John

> What put me off the US mail forwarders is that when paying an online
> retailer with my VISA card, they could tell I didn't actually live in the
> US (based on my registered VISA address).

Use the personal shopper service - they will buy the goods on your behalf:
http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/members/ps_order.cgi

-KENT

Daniel 11-28-2005 03:32 AM

Kent Smith wrote:

>>What put me off the US mail forwarders is that when paying an online
>>retailer with my VISA card, they could tell I didn't actually live in the
>>US (based on my registered VISA address).

> Use the personal shopper service - they will buy the goods on your behalf:
> http://www.myus.com/cgi-bin/members/ps_order.cgi

Interesting.

Cheers.