Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking for a Dell Inspiron 600m Restore CD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t576900-looking-for-a-dell-inspiron-600m-restore-cd.html)

clmx_jleudo@yahoo.com 11-02-2005 11:59 PM

Looking for a Dell Inspiron 600m Restore CD

Hi Fellows

I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
think Dell doesn't care about this.

Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.

Thanks in advanced

Daniel 11-03-2005 12:43 AM

Re: Looking for a Dell Inspiron 600m Restore CD

clmx_jleudo@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Fellows
>
> I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
> of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
> time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
> formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
> Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
> original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
> think Dell doesn't care about this.
>
> Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
> Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
> always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.
>
> Thanks in advanced

Can't you just copy the correct version of the Windows installation CD
(not referring to restore CD) onto another CD, and also make another CD
with appropriate drivers for it?

news.xtra.co.nz 11-03-2005 12:46 AM

"Daniel" <atari400@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> clmx_jleudo@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Hi Fellows
>>
>> I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
>> of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
>> time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
>> formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
>> Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
>> original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
>> think Dell doesn't care about this.
>>
>> Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
>> Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
>> always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.
>>
>> Thanks in advanced
>>

> Can't you just copy the correct version of the Windows installation CD
> (not referring to restore CD) onto another CD, and also make another CD
> with appropriate drivers for it?

i think he is saying that they don't even have a cd.

Daniel 11-03-2005 12:50 AM

news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
> "Daniel" <atari400@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
>
>>clmx_jleudo@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Fellows
>>>
>>>I got a Dell Inspiron 600m few months back from a friend of a friend
>>>of a friend. Because that many owners of the same laptop from time to
>>>time, the Restore CD get lost and actually the Laptop has been
>>>formatted using an different Windows XP Home edition CD. I did call
>>>Dell but they don't ship Recovery Cd to a diferent address than the
>>>original owner, that who knows where section of the planet he is now, I
>>>think Dell doesn't care about this.
>>>
>>>Well, what I would like to know is if anybody has a Dell Inspiron 600m
>>>Restore CD with Windows XP Home edition that can offer to sale. It is
>>>always good to have it in some emergency cases as it is for me now.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advanced
>>>

>>Can't you just copy the correct version of the Windows installation CD
>>(not referring to restore CD) onto another CD, and also make another CD
>>with appropriate drivers for it?

> i think he is saying that they don't even have a cd.

I got the impression he was referring specifically to a Inspiron 600m
Restore CD, since it's already "been formatted using a different Windows
XP Home...", not just any Windows XP Home CD.

clmx_jleudo@yahoo.com 11-03-2005 02:30 PM

Re: Looking for a Dell Inspiron 600m Restore CD

"Formatted using a different windows XP CD " that is correct... but I
didn't mean that was me.