Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can not access 1 computers share files on network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57679-can-not-access-1-computers-share-files-on-network.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Z3lib3k=?= 04-05-2006 10:06 AM

Can not access 1 computers share files on network

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I have a network of 3 computers (2 wireless & 1
cabled) they all connect to the Internet through a modem/router and all can
see one another on the Windows XP network. All are on the same subnet/IP
range and same network name. All can ping one another.

When I try to access the share folders on 1 computer connected to the router
by cable it gives an error message as below. This computer can access all
other share folders on othernetwork though. There was not a problem until
after I downloaded some windows updates, I tried uninstalling them but no
fix. I don't know what to do and hope somebody can help.

Error message:

Sharedocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have access permissions. Not enough server storage is available to porcess
this command.

Please help.
--
Dougyboy

Eric Cross [MVP] 04-05-2006 03:38 PM

Re: Can not access 1 computers share files on network

Hello Doug,

The problem is not on the computer you see the error message. It's the
computer you are trying to connect to. Check the IRPStack size that is
indicated in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

=?Utf-8?B?cmFkdTIwMDNAdmVyaXpvbi5uZXQ=?= 04-14-2006 03:35 AM

Re: Can not access 1 computers share files on network

Eric, thanks so much for this little, info it really solved my problem which
was similar to Doug's, you are a genius, you don't know how much grief and
time you save me.
Keep up the good work

Best Regards,
Radu F Lungu