Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   DVD writers. What to buy? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t576759-dvd-writers-what-to-buy.html)

~misfit~ 10-20-2005 01:49 AM

DVD writers. What to buy?
 
Ok, I know we did this a while ago but things change quickly in the PC
hardware world.

I'm soliciting reccomendations on what DVD writer to buy.

Last time we did this I decided on the LG, then had to spend the money
elsewhere. :-(

That particular model isn't around now, GSA-4167BB seems to be the currently
available one. I can get a Lite-On SOHW-9613S more cheaply and have always
liked Lite-On CD-ROM/CD writers but I know nothing about the DVD writing
side of things.

Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.

Thanks.
--
~misfit~



Krazy Bob 10-20-2005 02:15 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote in message
news:4356f80b$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> Ok, I know we did this a while ago but things change quickly in the PC
> hardware world.
>
> I'm soliciting reccomendations on what DVD writer to buy.
>
> Last time we did this I decided on the LG, then had to spend the money
> elsewhere. :-(
>
> That particular model isn't around now, GSA-4167BB seems to be the
> currently available one. I can get a Lite-On SOHW-9613S more cheaply and
> have always liked Lite-On CD-ROM/CD writers but I know nothing about the
> DVD writing side of things.
>
> Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> ~misfit~

hey shaun, i have i the LG GSA 4160B, does dual layer, and also writes in
dvd-ram, one of the best purchases ive ever made.


>




Bruce Hoult 10-20-2005 02:22 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
In article <4356f80b$1@news.orcon.net.nz>,
"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote:

> I'm soliciting reccomendations on what DVD writer to buy.


Pioneer or ASUS.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
Hoult | 174.8263E | /\ here. | ----------O----------

Andrew 10-20-2005 02:34 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
~misfit~ wrote:
> Ok, I know we did this a while ago but things change quickly in the PC
> hardware world.
>
> I'm soliciting reccomendations on what DVD writer to buy.
>
> Last time we did this I decided on the LG, then had to spend the money
> elsewhere. :-(
>
> That particular model isn't around now, GSA-4167BB seems to be the currently
> available one. I can get a Lite-On SOHW-9613S more cheaply and have always
> liked Lite-On CD-ROM/CD writers but I know nothing about the DVD writing
> side of things.
>
> Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.
>
> Thanks.

I have a benq 1640 - its great :)

Dave Nelson 10-20-2005 04:49 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
Based on my own experience NEC are very good - I've thrown two other brands
in the rubbish (Gigabyte & Diamond Data).


"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote in message
news:4356f80b$1@news.orcon.net.nz...
> Ok, I know we did this a while ago but things change quickly in the PC
> hardware world.
>
> I'm soliciting reccomendations on what DVD writer to buy.
>
> Last time we did this I decided on the LG, then had to spend the money
> elsewhere. :-(
>
> That particular model isn't around now, GSA-4167BB seems to be the
> currently available one. I can get a Lite-On SOHW-9613S more cheaply and
> have always liked Lite-On CD-ROM/CD writers but I know nothing about the
> DVD writing side of things.
>
> Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> ~misfit~
>




kriskirk@hotmail.com 10-20-2005 05:08 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
I have a Pioneer 107 and 108 and they're both great, although when I
was looking at getting another one, I saw some mixed reviews of the
109. Anybody else got one of these yet?


Dumbkiwi 10-20-2005 06:01 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:22:21 +1300, Bruce Hoult wrote:

> In article <4356f80b$1@news.orcon.net.nz>,
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I'm soliciting reccomendations on what DVD writer to buy.

>
> Pioneer or ASUS.


I have a pioneer writer that is fantastic.

I have an asus reader that stopped reading after two months of occasional
use.

~misfit~ 10-20-2005 07:19 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
~misfit~ wrote:

> Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.


This is great folks, thanks. Anyone else wanna offer up their experience?
I'm not rich and really don't want to make a purchase I'll regret.

Thanks,
--
~misfit~



Mark Robinson 10-20-2005 07:28 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
~misfit~ wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.

> This is great folks, thanks. Anyone else wanna offer up their experience?
> I'm not rich and really don't want to make a purchase I'll regret.


The software bundled with the device is important ... can't stand that Sonic stuff.

GraB 10-20-2005 08:11 AM

Re: DVD writers. What to buy?
 
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:28:30 +1300, Mark Robinson
<usenet@antispam.zl2tod.net> wrote:

>~misfit~ wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>>Suggestions/opinions please. Preferably from personal experience.

>> This is great folks, thanks. Anyone else wanna offer up their experience?
>> I'm not rich and really don't want to make a purchase I'll regret.

>
>The software bundled with the device is important ... can't stand that Sonic stuff.


ditto


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.