Velocity Reviews

-   -   Car parking (and beer) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t576648-car-parking-and-beer.html)

Shane 10-06-2005 08:42 PM

Car parking (and beer)

Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
The car will only be there during the afternoon

TIA

oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>

Mackin_NZ 10-06-2005 10:41 PM

Re: Car parking (and beer)

Shane wrote:

> Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
> suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
> thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
> The car will only be there during the afternoon
>
> TIA
>
> oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>

Nothing wrong with the Civic carpark, I use it all the time.

As long as the ceiling doesn't collape of course. :-)

http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/news...505/29/a03.asp

Mackin

Matthew Poole 10-09-2005 07:49 PM

Re: Car parking (and beer)

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:42:48 +1300, someone purporting to be Shane didst
scrawl:

> Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
> suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
> thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
> The car will only be there during the afternoon

Who's paying for the parking? Business-day hourly rates for the CBD
carparks are likely to leave you unable to drive the car unless it gets
refitted for a disabled driver :P
If you're paying, my advice would be to park around Newmarket or Parnell
and catch the Link. There's free parking to be found in those places. If
you're not paying, the Civic carpark is quite safe. It's attended, and
there's a lot of traffic.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Steven Ellis 10-10-2005 12:27 AM

Re: Car parking (and beer)

Shane wrote:
> Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
> suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
> thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
> The car will only be there during the afternoon

Depends on time of day. If it is after 6pm i'd park somewhere like the
Carlton Hotel. More secure than the civic.

If you only need an hour there are on st parking meters.

Steve

Mr Krinkle 11-03-2005 08:23 AM

Re: Car parking (and beer)

"Shane" <shane@weasel.is-a-geek.net> wrote in message
> Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
> suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
> thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
> The car will only be there during the afternoon
>
> TIA
>
> oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>
>
> --
> Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
>
> The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.

I often park at the Civic at night, returning between 11:00pm and 2:00am by
myself. Just keep an eye on your surroundings and you should be fine. It
could also come done to luck on my part? I've never heard any bad stories
about safety at the civic parking.

Shane 11-03-2005 08:46 AM

Re: Car parking (and beer)

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:23:05 +1300, Mr Krinkle wrote:

> "Shane" <shane@weasel.is-a-geek.net> wrote in message
>> Got a trip to downtown Auckland coming up within the next fortnight, the
>> suggested parking is under the Civic behind Aotea Square, but Ive heard
>> thats a dodgy place to park, any ideas?
>> The car will only be there during the afternoon
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> oh and to keep this post OT, Friday Beer!<G>
>>
>> --
>> Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked
>>
>> The best way to get the right answer on usenet is to post the wrong one.
>>

> I often park at the Civic at night, returning between 11:00pm and 2:00am by
> myself. Just keep an eye on your surroundings and you should be fine. It
> could also come done to luck on my part? I've never heard any bad stories
> about safety at the civic parking.

Heh.. thanks, I've been on the trip (about a fortnight ago now) and indeed
used the civic
Upon leaving, the damn arm was smashed, and I couldnt insert my paid
parking ticket anywhere, and left (the ticket is still in my car officer)
Its similar to a carpark in hamilton now that I think about it

Thanks though :-)