Velocity Reviews

-   -   Micro$soft is loosing their marble with this product (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t576625-micro-soft-is-loosing-their-marble-with-this-product.html)

Mutlley 10-04-2005 07:47 PM

Micro$soft is loosing their marble with this product

http://tinyurl.com/ck99s

Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy

Any one remember DIVX ??

Matthew Poole 10-04-2005 07:53 PM

Re: Micro$soft is loosing their marble with this product

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:47:47 +1300, someone purporting to be Mutlley didst
scrawl:

> http://tinyurl.com/ck99s
>
> Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy
>
> Any one remember DIVX ??

And I bet they'll charge you $10 for the damn things, too.
MS have made the wrong choice in their alignment with the media
industries. Shitting on your customers is not a good business model.

--
Matthew Poole
"Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

Shane 10-04-2005 08:11 PM

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:53:11 +1300, Matthew Poole wrote:

> Shitting on
> your customers is not a good business model.

Its worked well for them so far :-)

Harry 10-05-2005 12:44 AM

Mutlley wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/ck99s
>
> Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy
>
> Any one remember DIVX ??

To combat piracy? Wont work. Because so-called "pirates" (of course,
they are probably directed by the all-powerful Al Qaida) would record
that one-only play.

How dumb can people get?

Dave - Dave.net.nz 10-05-2005 12:49 AM

Harry wrote:
>>http://tinyurl.com/ck99s
>>Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy
>>Any one remember DIVX ??

> To combat piracy? Wont work. Because so-called "pirates" (of course,
> they are probably directed by the all-powerful Al Qaida) would record
> that one-only play.
> How dumb can people get?

I wonder what happens if you eject the DVD accidentally while itis
playing? money back? proportion of money back? or told to talk to vendor?

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress

Shane 10-05-2005 12:55 AM

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:49:09 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Harry wrote:
>>>http://tinyurl.com/ck99s
>>>Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy
>>>Any one remember DIVX ??

>> To combat piracy? Wont work. Because so-called "pirates" (of course,
>> they are probably directed by the all-powerful Al Qaida) would record
>> that one-only play.
>> How dumb can people get?

> I wonder what happens if you eject the DVD accidentally while itis
> playing? money back? proportion of money back? or told to talk to vendor?

I wonder what happens if you take a magic marker and draw on parts of it

GraB 10-05-2005 02:12 AM

Re: Micro$soft is loosing their marble with this product

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:53:11 +1300, Matthew Poole <spam@stops.here>
wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:47:47 +1300, someone purporting to be Mutlley didst
>scrawl:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ck99s
>>
>> Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy
>>
>> Any one remember DIVX ??

>And I bet they'll charge you $10 for the damn things, too.
>MS have made the wrong choice in their alignment with the media
>industries. Shitting on your customers is not a good business model.

The last thing I want to see is Micro$oft dominating the home
entertainment market.

GraB 10-05-2005 02:13 AM

wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:47:47 +1300, someone purporting to be Mutlley didst
>scrawl:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ck99s
>>
>> Microsoft invents a ‘one-play only’ DVD to combat Hollywood piracy
>>
>> Any one remember DIVX ??

>And I bet they'll charge you $10 for the damn things, too.
>MS have made the wrong choice in their alignment with the media
>industries. Shitting on your customers is not a good business model.

They have been doing that for years.

Harry 10-05-2005 05:54 AM

Shane wrote:

>>> To combat piracy? Wont work. Because so-called "pirates" (of course,
>>> they are probably directed by the all-powerful Al Qaida) would record
>>> that one-only play.
>>> How dumb can people get?

>> I wonder what happens if you eject the DVD accidentally while itis
>> playing? money back? proportion of money back? or told to talk to vendor?

> I wonder what happens if you take a magic marker and draw on parts of it

I wonder what happens when they put it in a scanner to copy the label.
I wonder what happens if you leave it out in the sun for half and hour.

Shane 10-05-2005 06:01 AM

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:54:49 +1000, Harry wrote:

> Shane wrote:

>>> I wonder what happens if you eject the DVD accidentally while itis
>>> playing? money back? proportion of money back? or told to talk to
>>> vendor?

>> I wonder what happens if you take a magic marker and draw on parts of it
>>

> I wonder what happens when they put it in a scanner to copy the label. I
> wonder what happens if you leave it out in the sun for half and hour.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

http://tinyurl.com/7hqgc

I wonder where we would be without a memory