Velocity Reviews

-   -   intel buys into Grisoft(AVG) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t576356-intel-buys-into-grisoft-avg.html)

Dave - Dave.net.nz 09-07-2005 12:18 AM

intel buys into Grisoft(AVG)

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25978

"CHIP FIRM Intel has taken a $16 million stake in Grisoft, manufacturers
of the popular AVG anti virus software.

Intel said it is the biggest equity investment it's made in Central and
Eastern Europe. One of the reasons for the investment is because the
Czech firm is now a global player, and its AV software and firewall is
on 25 million computers across the world.

The Czech Republic has to approve the investment. "

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Mutlley 09-07-2005 12:39 AM

Re: intel buys into Grisoft(AVG)

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <davenetnz@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25978
>
>"CHIP FIRM Intel has taken a $16 million stake in Grisoft, manufacturers
>of the popular AVG anti virus software.
>
>Intel said it is the biggest equity investment it's made in Central and
>Eastern Europe. One of the reasons for the investment is because the
>Czech firm is now a global player, and its AV software and firewall is
>on 25 million computers across the world.
>
>The Czech Republic has to approve the investment. "

Hmmm. I wonder what Intel has in mind. Embedded virus protection in
it's next lot of chipsets.??

~misfit~ 09-07-2005 01:19 AM

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25978
>
> "CHIP FIRM Intel has taken a $16 million stake in Grisoft,
> manufacturers of the popular AVG anti virus software.
>
> Intel said it is the biggest equity investment it's made in Central
> and Eastern Europe. One of the reasons for the investment is because
> the Czech firm is now a global player, and its AV software and
> firewall is on 25 million computers across the world.
>
> The Czech Republic has to approve the investment. "

I'm thinking AVG Free is going to vanish soon.....
--
~misfit~

Dave Taylor 09-07-2005 05:43 AM

Re: intel buys into Grisoft(AVG)

Mutlley <mutley2000@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hmmm. I wonder what Intel has in mind. Embedded virus protection in
> it's next lot of chipsets.??

Symantec AV Corporate Edition was Intel at one time. Dig around the
registry after installing SAV and see some new Intel Keys. Things like
Liveupdate heartbeat etc I think are still in Intel sub keys. IIRC.
I guess they want something again, perhaps to embed like another poster
suggested. Enhanced Chipset AV scanning in BIOS as an option?

--
Ciao, Dave