Velocity Reviews

-   -   microsoft update (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t575733-microsoft-update.html)

Dave - Dave.net.nz 07-07-2005 12:56 AM

microsoft update

no comment on microsoft update yet... you guys are getting slower.
http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...ptdefault.aspx

and a comparison for a few different services which is a little odd really.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/compare.mspx

For those who can't be bothered rading about it, it brings together
windowsupdate, officeupdate, and AFAICT, adds a few others to the mix
aswell.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 07-07-2005 12:59 AM

Re: microsoft update

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> no comment on microsoft update yet... you guys are getting slower.
> http://update.microsoft.com/microsof...ptdefault.aspx

> and a comparison for a few different services which is a little odd really.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/compare.mspx

> For those who can't be bothered rading about it, it brings together
> windowsupdate, officeupdate, and AFAICT, adds a few others to the mix
> aswell.

heh, itappears I'm good at keeping Windows up-to-date, but not office...
72MB of updates.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

tiddlywink 07-07-2005 10:38 AM

Re: microsoft update

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <davenetnz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> no comment on microsoft update yet... you guys are getting slower.

> http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
> http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services

Kept pestering me about updates for the French spell checker and thesaurus
till I realised I could tell it to not inform of these two again - they
were the only things it told me there were updates for - not bad.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 07-07-2005 07:27 PM

Re: microsoft update

tiddlywink wrote:
>>no comment on microsoft update yet... you guys are getting slower.

> Kept pestering me about updates for the French spell checker and thesaurus
> till I realised I could tell it to not inform of these two again - they
> were the only things it told me there were updates for - not bad.

I grabbed ~70MB yesterday of office updates, and it grabbed a further
~40MB over night, I'm guessing that it needed the prior ones before the
later ones showed.

--
http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.