Velocity Reviews

-   -   TradeMe can be entertaining. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t575614-trademe-can-be-entertaining.html)

I'm a Trampoline 06-23-2005 09:37 AM

TradeMe can be entertaining.

Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
customer. Haha.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm

They wanted $140.

Richard 06-23-2005 09:52 AM

Re: TradeMe can be entertaining.

I'm a Trampoline wrote:
> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
> customer. Haha.
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>

> They wanted $140.

I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few answer
the questions...

Allistar 06-23-2005 10:25 AM

Richard wrote:

> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>> customer. Haha.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm

>> They wanted $140.

> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few
> answer the questions...

That's because the questions aren't made public until they are answered. The
seller was not wise to answer the comments at all.

Allistar.

I'm a Trampoline 06-23-2005 10:51 AM

Richard wrote:
> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>
>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>> customer. Haha.
>>
>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>>

>> They wanted $140.

> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few
> answer the questions...

I just told someone to give me a fixed price offer of $70 for a used
(without packet) 1 gig flash drive if they want to sell it. (Current
PriceSpy minimum is $110, albeit for a cheaper brand.) They offered $95,
$5 more than their reserve! I got the PriceSpy cheapie instead.

When it comes to electrical goods, too many sellers base their reserve
on what they paid for it, rather than what an equivalent item costs
today. This usually results in a reserve as high as what you could get
the new equivalet for.

thing 06-23-2005 07:34 PM

I'm a Trampoline wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>>
>>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>>> customer. Haha.
>>>
>>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>>>

>>> They wanted $140.

>> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so
>> few answer the questions...

> I just told someone to give me a fixed price offer of $70 for a used
> (without packet) 1 gig flash drive if they want to sell it. (Current
> PriceSpy minimum is $110, albeit for a cheaper brand.) They offered $95,
> $5 more than their reserve! I got the PriceSpy cheapie instead.
>
> When it comes to electrical goods, too many sellers base their reserve
> on what they paid for it, rather than what an equivalent item costs
> today. This usually results in a reserve as high as what you could get
> the new equivalet for.

Yep.

pricespy is your friend......

Some stuff is cheaper, GPS's seem cheaper because they are grey imported
but some computer stuff on trademe is the same price as DSE or even
more (postage)....

regards

Thing

JohnO 06-23-2005 08:47 PM

Re: TradeMe can be entertaining.

I found this to be particularly true of plasma tv's and computers -
both items where the price/performance ratio is perpetually falling.

Gordon 06-24-2005 06:17 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:25:07 +1200, Allistar wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>
>> I'm a Trampoline wrote:
>>> Check out the comment exchange between this seller and potential
>>> customer. Haha.
>>>

> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/P...n-29400494.htm
>>>

>>> They wanted $140.

>> I often ask if people are serious with what they are expecting... so few
>> answer the questions...

> That's because the questions aren't made public until they are answered. The
> seller was not wise to answer the comments at all.

So in effect you are saying that what one sees is censored? In effect it
is positive spin for TradeMe and the seller.

What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

Shane 06-24-2005 06:23 AM

Re: TradeMe can be entertaining.

>> That's because the questions aren't made public until they are answered. The
>> seller was not wise to answer the comments at all.

> So in effect you are saying that what one sees is censored? In effect it
> is positive spin for TradeMe and the seller.
>
> What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

Arent the questions also 'published' after an auction has completed?
and, the feedback is different from the questions, you can view anyones
feedback by clicking on their nick and following appropriate links

Richard 06-24-2005 06:50 AM

Shane wrote:

> Arent the questions also 'published' after an auction has completed?
> and, the feedback is different from the questions, you can view anyones
> feedback by clicking on their nick and following appropriate links

Yeah they are, so it pays to search the item in closed auctions and see what
people asked about it...

Steve Marshall 06-24-2005 08:39 AM

Gordon <flash130@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What is the point of "feedback" if it only made public when responed to?

The presence of unanswered questions is, in itself, a sign that an
auction may be dodgy.