Velocity Reviews

-   -   AData 512Mb SD cards... Any reviews, experiences, etc? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t575524-adata-512mb-sd-cards-any-reviews-experiences-etc.html)

Max Burke 06-13-2005 06:47 AM

AData 512Mb SD cards... Any reviews, experiences, etc?

looking at getting 1 or 2 of these for my Zire 31 PDA to use as an MP3
player (lot cheaper than buying an IPOD or MP3 player, which I was planning
to do until I realised that my Zire 31 can be used as an MP3 player)

Google searches for reviews of AData products are generally fair to good,
and the prices for their SD cards are a better than the brand name SD cards
on PriceSpy...

Any one have any experiences, reviews, good and/or bad???

BTW Anyone know why there is such a huge price difference between brands for
SD cards?
Pricespy shows there can be as much as $40 - $50 difference for various
brands, then there's the retailer differences to be added in as well....
I'm looking at Buying from Ascent Technology (in Wellington) as they have
the best price in my area (according to pricespy anyway...)

Another BTW...
Has Pricespy been sold to Super Cheap Computers or something?

--
mlvburke@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images

Tony 06-13-2005 08:26 AM

Re: AData 512Mb SD cards... Any reviews, experiences, etc?

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:47:57 +1200, "Max Burke" <mlvburke@xxxxxxxxx.nz> wrote:

>looking at getting 1 or 2 of these for my Zire 31 PDA to use as an MP3
>player (lot cheaper than buying an IPOD or MP3 player, which I was planning
>to do until I realised that my Zire 31 can be used as an MP3 player)
>
>Google searches for reviews of AData products are generally fair to good,
>and the prices for their SD cards are a better than the brand name SD cards
>on PriceSpy...
>
>Any one have any experiences, reviews, good and/or bad???
>
>BTW Anyone know why there is such a huge price difference between brands for
>SD cards?
>Pricespy shows there can be as much as $40 - $50 difference for various
>brands, then there's the retailer differences to be added in as well....
>I'm looking at Buying from Ascent Technology (in Wellington) as they have
>the best price in my area (according to pricespy anyway...)

No Flashcards has the best price..

http://www.flashcards.co.nz/

Toshiba 512MB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card $71.00 Inc

Max Burke 06-13-2005 09:11 AM

Re: AData 512Mb SD cards... Any reviews, experiences, etc?

> Tony scribbled:

>> Max Burke wrote:
>> looking at getting 1 or 2 of these for my Zire 31 PDA to use as an
>> MP3 player (lot cheaper than buying an IPOD or MP3 player, which I
>> was planning to do until I realised that my Zire 31 can be used as
>> an MP3 player)
>> Google searches for reviews of AData products are generally fair to
>> good, and the prices for their SD cards are a better than the brand
>> name SD cards on PriceSpy...
>> Any one have any experiences, reviews, good and/or bad???

>> BTW Anyone know why there is such a huge price difference between
>> brands for SD cards?
>> Pricespy shows there can be as much as $40 - $50 difference for
>> various brands, then there's the retailer differences to be added in
>> as well.... I'm looking at Buying from Ascent Technology (in
>> Wellington) as they have the best price in my area (according to
>> pricespy anyway...)

> No Flashcards has the best price..
> http://www.flashcards.co.nz/
> Toshiba 512MB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card $71.00 Inc

No physical address for pickup... (not looking to buy online)

And for $7 - $9 more to be able to pickup the goods when paying for them
suits me more especially when Ascent Technology is 5 minutes walk away from
my home...

--
mlvburke@xxxxxxxx.nz
Found Images

Tony 06-13-2005 10:18 AM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:11:28 +1200, "Max Burke" <mlvburke@xxxxxxxxx.nz> wrote:

>> Tony scribbled:

>>> Max Burke wrote:
>>> looking at getting 1 or 2 of these for my Zire 31 PDA to use as an
>>> MP3 player (lot cheaper than buying an IPOD or MP3 player, which I
>>> was planning to do until I realised that my Zire 31 can be used as
>>> an MP3 player)
>>> Google searches for reviews of AData products are generally fair to
>>> good, and the prices for their SD cards are a better than the brand
>>> name SD cards on PriceSpy...
>>> Any one have any experiences, reviews, good and/or bad???

>>> BTW Anyone know why there is such a huge price difference between
>>> brands for SD cards?
>>> Pricespy shows there can be as much as $40 - $50 difference for
>>> various brands, then there's the retailer differences to be added in
>>> as well.... I'm looking at Buying from Ascent Technology (in
>>> Wellington) as they have the best price in my area (according to
>>> pricespy anyway...)

>> No Flashcards has the best price..
>> http://www.flashcards.co.nz/
>> Toshiba 512MB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card $71.00 Inc

>No physical address for pickup... (not looking to buy online)
>
>And for $7 - $9 more to be able to pickup the goods when paying for them
>suits me more especially when Ascent Technology is 5 minutes walk away from
>my home...

And they have no pickup, its a Mail Order Shop.

Steve 06-13-2005 06:19 PM

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:11:28 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

>> Tony scribbled:

>>> Max Burke wrote:
>>> looking at getting 1 or 2 of these for my Zire 31 PDA to use as an MP3
>>> player (lot cheaper than buying an IPOD or MP3 player, which I was
>>> planning to do until I realised that my Zire 31 can be used as an MP3
>>> player)
>>> Google searches for reviews of AData products are generally fair to
>>> good, and the prices for their SD cards are a better than the brand
>>> name SD cards on PriceSpy...
>>> Any one have any experiences, reviews, good and/or bad???

>>> BTW Anyone know why there is such a huge price difference between
>>> brands for SD cards?
>>> Pricespy shows there can be as much as $40 - $50 difference for various
>>> brands, then there's the retailer differences to be added in as
>>> well.... I'm looking at Buying from Ascent Technology (in Wellington)
>>> as they have the best price in my area (according to pricespy
>>> anyway...)

>> No Flashcards has the best price..
>> http://www.flashcards.co.nz/
>> Toshiba 512MB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card $71.00 Inc

> No physical address for pickup... (not looking to buy online)
>
> And for $7 - $9 more to be able to pickup the goods when paying for them
> suits me more especially when Ascent Technology is 5 minutes walk away
> from my home...

Well, I can vouch for their delivery service... Jason has never failed to
deliver next day, even when ordering after 3pm. ( I am in chch, tho' ).

Steve

Andrew 06-13-2005 07:59 PM

Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:11:28 +1200, Max Burke wrote:
>

>>>Tony scribbled:

>>>No Flashcards has the best price..
>>>http://www.flashcards.co.nz/
>>> Toshiba 512MB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card $71.00 Inc

>>No physical address for pickup... (not looking to buy online)
>>
>>And for $7 - $9 more to be able to pickup the goods when paying for them
>>suits me more especially when Ascent Technology is 5 minutes walk away
>>from my home...

> Well, I can vouch for their delivery service... Jason has never failed to
> deliver next day, even when ordering after 3pm. ( I am in chch, tho' ).
>
> Steve

I agree, flashcards are brilliant

Daniel 06-13-2005 09:28 PM

Steve wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:11:28 +1200, Max Burke wrote:
>

>>>Tony scribbled:

>>>No Flashcards has the best price..
>>>http://www.flashcards.co.nz/
>>> Toshiba 512MB 16x Secure Digital (SD) Card $71.00 Inc

>>No physical address for pickup... (not looking to buy online)
>>
>>And for $7 - $9 more to be able to pickup the goods when paying for them
>>suits me more especially when Ascent Technology is 5 minutes walk away
>>from my home...

> Well, I can vouch for their delivery service... Jason has never failed to
> deliver next day, even when ordering after 3pm. ( I am in chch, tho' ).
>
> Steve

I second that. Guys at work here use flashcards.co.nz as well. Very
competitive prices, great service and excellent delivery. I ordered an
SD card late afternoon, then received it the next day - I live in Kapiti.

You could say that flashcards.co.nz are the "Ascent Technology" of the
flashcard resellers.

Daniel