Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSN Messenger Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t575522-msn-messenger-problem.html)

Loupole 06-13-2005 05:39 AM

MSN Messenger Problem

Are there any msn users who use audio to talk to people !! Wanting to know
if you can all connect !! I been trying for weeks but can't connect !! keeps
poping up a message
We could not start this audio conversation. Please try again later.

Loupole

Richard 06-13-2005 05:46 AM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

Loupole wrote:
> Are there any msn users who use audio to talk to people !! Wanting to know
> if you can all connect !! I been trying for weeks but can't connect !! keeps
> poping up a message
> We could not start this audio conversation. Please try again later.

Worked when I tried it a few weeks ago.

Are you behind nat there?

Loupole 06-13-2005 07:11 AM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

what is nat ??

bt 06-13-2005 07:48 AM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:39:49 +1200, Loupole wrote:

> Are there any msn users who use audio to talk to people !! Wanting to know
> if you can all connect !! I been trying for weeks but can't connect !! keeps
> poping up a message
> We could not start this audio conversation. Please try again later.

It's beenn !! working !! for me!!

Might be !! your router !! if you have one !!!

Or it might !! be spyware !! and stuffed up TCP/IP !!!!

!!!!!!

--

.... Brendan

[sig on holiday while main comp is repaired]

Richard 06-13-2005 08:14 AM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

Loupole wrote:
> what is nat ??

Network address translation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network...ss_Translation - read the drawbacks
section

basically,

A process where a machine on a private IP address has its outgoing data mangled
to look like it comes from a public IP address, allowing it to establish
connections to other machines on the internet the internet, but not machines on
the internet to connect back into that machine.

You will be behind nat if you are on a shared internet connection like a router
or another computer using internet connection sharing.

There is a thing called nat traversal whill alleviates these problems, you need
a router that supports it, and I think XP was the first to support it.

without nat traversal, then the computer on the inside has no idea what the
extrenal address is, and it has no way to automaticilly request incoming
connections get redirected to it.

Most routers only give you a single tick box to turn on uPNP which is required
for nat traversal to work. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPNP

DoggNZ 06-13-2005 08:19 PM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:11:34 +1200, "Loupole" <Loupole@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>what is nat ??

Shut down your computer, unplug it and throw it out the window.

AD. 06-13-2005 08:54 PM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:48:52 +1200, bt wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:39:49 +1200, Loupole wrote:
>
>> Are there any msn users who use audio to talk to people !! Wanting to
>> know if you can all connect !! I been trying for weeks but can't connect
>> !! keeps poping up a message
>> We could not start this audio conversation. Please try again later.

> It's beenn !! working !! for me!!
>
> Might be !! your router !! if you have one !!!
>
> Or it might !! be spyware !! and stuffed up TCP/IP !!!!

He's dead Jim.

;)

--
Cheers
Anton

bt 06-13-2005 11:55 PM

Re: MSN Messenger Problem

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:54:11 +1200, AD. wrote:

>> Or it might !! be spyware !! and stuffed up TCP/IP !!!!

> He's dead Jim.

lol