Velocity Reviews

-   -   Orcon spam (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t575285-orcon-spam.html)

Trog 05-19-2005 11:58 AM

Orcon spam

hey all. Anyone else having probelms with orcon mail. I got one of
those life time free email accounts some time ago and just in the last
week or two, well, today I got 47 emails. In a 14 hour period.
something wrong with their spam filters ? Or did I get sloppy with my
email address?.

Mark247 05-19-2005 07:42 PM

Re: Orcon spam

Trog wrote:
> hey all. Anyone else having probelms with orcon mail. I got one of
> those life time free email accounts some time ago and just in the last
> week or two, well, today I got 47 emails. In a 14 hour period.
> something wrong with their spam filters ? Or did I get sloppy with my
> email address?.

I have been getting spam from them as well. Heaps more than about 1
month ago, when i got none.

Mutlley 05-19-2005 10:05 PM

Re: Orcon spam

Mark247 <mark247@orcccon.net.nz> wrote:

>Trog wrote:
>> hey all. Anyone else having probelms with orcon mail. I got one of
>> those life time free email accounts some time ago and just in the last
>> week or two, well, today I got 47 emails. In a 14 hour period.
>> something wrong with their spam filters ? Or did I get sloppy with my
>> email address?.

>I have been getting spam from them as well. Heaps more than about 1
>month ago, when i got none.

No problems here..

Bruce Sinclair 05-22-2005 09:31 PM

Re: Orcon spam

In article <Q_5je.1401$U4.174988@news.xtra.co.nz>, Mark247 <mark247@orcccon.net.nz> wrote:
>Trog wrote:
>> hey all. Anyone else having probelms with orcon mail. I got one of
>> those life time free email accounts some time ago and just in the last
>> week or two, well, today I got 47 emails. In a 14 hour period.
>> something wrong with their spam filters ? Or did I get sloppy with my
>> email address?.

>I have been getting spam from them as well. Heaps more than about 1
>month ago, when i got none.

Spam levels have notably increased in the last 6 weeks or so.
Haven't heard why.

That said, what do you want for free ? :)

Bruce

- George Bernard Shaw
- Ambrose Bierce

(if there were any)