Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   setting clock (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57520-setting-clock.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmE=?= 04-01-2006 02:04 AM

setting clock

My time on the task bar is not correct. I go and reset set it but once I shut
down it and get back on it is incorrect. Please help!! This is driving me
crazy. Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?TGVlbGFuZCBDbGF5?= 04-03-2006 05:19 PM

RE: setting clock

There's three things that will cause this.

1) Network Based Policy. There's nothing you can do about this. The
network administrator is changing your time based on a server.

2) Time Update Application. This is an app installed that updates your time
on a schedule. Just turn it off (or change it so that it's right)

3) Bios Battery going bad. This requires a hardware tech to fix it. It's
usually a watch battery. Some of the newer boards have them soldered in,
which causes you to have to buy a new motherboard. This is easy to spot
because it will be random time differences or will reset to 1900 or something
similar.

There's also occasion of having a virus...but that is always caught by your
virus scanning software.

Hope this helps.

=?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmE=?= 04-03-2006 07:37 PM

RE: setting clock

=?Utf-8?B?RGlhbmE=?= 04-03-2006 07:38 PM

RE: setting clock

Leeland Clay, Thank you so much for your help. I will try answer number 2. I
can get a friend to check the battery for me also. As you said the 1st answer
I can not do anything about. Have a great day and thanks again. Diana