Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird not grouping newsgroup postings (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t575140-thunderbird-not-grouping-newsgroup-postings.html)

JC 05-07-2005 12:31 AM

Thunderbird not grouping newsgroup postings

How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re: yada yada

Thanks

EMB 05-07-2005 01:36 AM

Re: Thunderbird not grouping newsgroup postings

JC wrote:
> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re: yada
> yada
>
> Thanks

VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED

--
EMB

JC 05-07-2005 01:55 AM

EMB wrote:
> JC wrote:
>
>> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re:
>> yada yada
>>
>> Thanks

> VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED

Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.

ofn01 05-07-2005 07:52 AM

JC wrote:
> EMB wrote:
>
>> JC wrote:
>>
>>> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re:
>>> yada yada
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED
>>

> Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.

In my experience if you don't visit a group for a while, it pops up the
'download 500 headers' box and when it does you have to do this each
time. Thunderbird still has a way to go before its as good as OE
unfortunately. But I stick to it because it feels safer to use.

Nova 05-07-2005 08:23 AM

ofn01 wrote:
> JC wrote:
>
>> EMB wrote:

>>> VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED
>>>

>> Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.

> In my experience if you don't visit a group for a while, it pops up the
> 'download 500 headers' box and when it does you have to do this each
> time. Thunderbird still has a way to go before its as good as OE
> unfortunately. But I stick to it because it feels safer to use.

Yeah unfortunately true, I use thunderbird with a very large imap
account also, and it crashes at least a few times daily, ive sent at
least 100 crash reports back to them over several versions now and still
seems to crash very regulary... I am always tempted to go back to using
outlook which is far more polished and stable..

ofn01 05-07-2005 02:11 PM

Nova wrote:
> ofn01 wrote:
>
>> JC wrote:

>>> Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.

>> In my experience if you don't visit a group for a while, it pops up
>> the 'download 500 headers' box and when it does you have to do this
>> each time. Thunderbird still has a way to go before its as good as OE
>> unfortunately. But I stick to it because it feels safer to use.
>>

> Yeah unfortunately true, I use thunderbird with a very large imap
> account also, and it crashes at least a few times daily, ive sent at
> least 100 crash reports back to them over several versions now and still
> seems to crash very regulary... I am always tempted to go back to using
> outlook which is far more polished and stable..

Thunderbird also has an annoying habit of not properly storing
credentials if your news server requires authentication. Under certain
circumstances you have to keep re-entering them in, however OE under the
exact same circumstances remembers them.