Velocity Reviews

-   -   Enable autocomplete although site set autocomplete to off (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57513-enable-autocomplete-although-site-set-autocomplete-to-off.html)

Frank Dohrmann 03-31-2006 09:06 PM

Enable autocomplete although site set autocomplete to off

On some sites the login dialog contains the attribute
autocomplete="off", so the password manager will not remember my login
data. Is there any way to override this behaviour, i. e. ignore the
attribute? I know that this is a security feature, but I find it annoying...

Best regards,
Frank

gwtc 03-31-2006 11:28 PM

Re: Enable autocomplete although site set autocomplete to off

Frank Dohrmann wrote:

> On some sites the login dialog contains the attribute
> autocomplete="off", so the password manager will not remember my login
> data. Is there any way to override this behaviour, i. e. ignore the
> attribute? I know that this is a security feature, but I find it annoying...
>
> Best regards,
> Frank

you might want to try the Remember Password bookmarklet:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarkle...ember_password

just drag the bookmarklet to your bookmarks toolbar, go to the login
site, click the bookmarklet, click on the OK, then enter your user
name and password and enter the site. You should get a message asking
if you want to remember the info.