Velocity Reviews

-   -   video / computer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574899-video-computer.html)

Nova 04-15-2005 04:01 AM

video / computer

excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)

However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
perfect..

If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.

So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
computer causing interference like the psu or something?

its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.

thanks

CSE 04-15-2005 05:50 AM

Re: video / computer

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:01:46 +1200, Nova <Nova@invalid.com> wrote:

>excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)
>
>However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
>watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
>is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
>perfect..
>
>If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
>
>So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
>computer causing interference like the psu or something?
>
>its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.
>
>thanks

Yes computers radiate a lot and is yours in a Plastic CASE..?

Can you tune you VCR/TV to a different channel, this might fix it and if its
getting in via the power leads, those ferrite rings can help, also is the
cable from the VCR to the TV in good condition..

I hope you are using a decent antenna, but you must be if the TV does not show
the interference..

FreedomChooser 04-15-2005 11:09 AM

Re: video / computer

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:01:46 +1200, Nova <Nova@invalid.com> wrote:

>excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)
>
>However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
>watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
>is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
>perfect..
>
>If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
>
>So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
>computer causing interference like the psu or something?
>
>its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.

Interference from the computer was the main reason I changed my Tv to
an outside aerial. And a very simple cheap aerial it was too :) but
the picture quality was not only better overall it got rid of the
inteference

These days my bedroom pc and tv are close together and interference on
the pciture is just something I put up with

Stephen Worthington 04-15-2005 03:55 PM

Re: video / computer

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:50:20 UTC, CSE <cse@noware.comn>
wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:01:46 +1200, Nova <Nova@invalid.com> wrote:
>
> >excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)
> >
> >However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
> >watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
> >is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
> >perfect..
> >
> >If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
> >
> >So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
> >computer causing interference like the psu or something?
> >
> >its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.
> >
> >thanks

> Yes computers radiate a lot and is yours in a Plastic CASE..?
>
> Can you tune you VCR/TV to a different channel, this might fix it and if its
> getting in via the power leads, those ferrite rings can help, also is the
> cable from the VCR to the TV in good condition..
>

> I hope you are using a decent antenna, but you must be if the TV does not show
> the interference..

It can also help to have the computer on a different fuse circuit from
the TV and video.

Lawrence DčOliveiro 04-16-2005 01:12 AM

Re: video / computer

In article <425f3ca5$1@news.orcon.net.nz>, Nova <Nova@invalid.com>
wrote:

>...when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
>watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
>is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
>perfect..
>
>If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
>
>So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
>computer causing interference like the psu or something?

Are they all in the same room? How is your TV picking up the video
signal? If it's via RF, you might try switching to AV leads to see if
that helps. It should improve the quality anyway.