Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: and more x face (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574790-re-and-more-x-face.html)

Dave - Dave.net.nz 04-06-2005 09:59 PM

Re: and more x face

Collector»NZ wrote:

>> How do you get Mozilla to post a custom header anyway

> And that is what I am trying to figure out now...

moving this to nz.comp
last time I played with adding custom headers in moz FF, I played with
mheney(or similar), and found that adding them was fine, and it seemed
to show up in my sent message, but not once it was received and
processed by anything(email or nntp).

Collector»NZ 04-06-2005 10:17 PM

Re: and more x face

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 7/04/2005 9:59 a.m.:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>>> How do you get Mozilla to post a custom header anyway

>> And that is what I am trying to figure out now...

> moving this to nz.comp
> last time I played with adding custom headers in moz FF, I played with
> mheney(or similar), and found that adding them was fine, and it seemed
> to show up in my sent message, but not once it was received and
> processed by anything(email or nntp).

There is a discussion on making the custom x headers readable at the
destination on Enigmail forums, which I am wading through at the moment.
It appears TB dosnt actually parse any headers except the standard ones
unless some trickery is used.

A.D. 04-06-2005 11:02 PM

Re: and more x face

Collector»NZ wrote:
> Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 7/04/2005 9:59 a.m.:

>>> And that is what I am trying to figure out now...

>> moving this to nz.comp
>> last time I played with adding custom headers in moz FF, I played with
>> mheney(or similar), and found that adding them was fine, and it seemed
>> to show up in my sent message, but not once it was received and
>> processed by anything(email or nntp).

> There is a discussion on making the custom x headers readable at the
> destination on Enigmail forums, which I am wading through at the moment.
> It appears TB dosnt actually parse any headers except the standard ones
> unless some trickery is used.

To stop mail server exploits, maybe?

A.D.