Velocity Reviews

-   -   Call of Duty No CD (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574787-call-of-duty-no-cd.html)

BB 04-06-2005 09:57 AM

Call of Duty No CD

I've got a legit copy of COD, but I was wondering if I run a no-cd patched
..exe will it still let me play online?

Anyone have experience doing this? I've also got the UO (I brought the
Deluxe Pack), would it be the same for this title?

BB
NZ

Adam 04-06-2005 03:44 PM

Re: Call of Duty No CD

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:57:23 +1200, BB wrote:

>I've got a legit copy of COD, but I was wondering if I run a no-cd patched
>.exe will it still let me play online?
>
>Anyone have experience doing this? I've also got the UO (I brought the
>Deluxe Pack), would it be the same for this title?

So long as you back up the files that the NOCD changes - just in case
you need to step back. I seem to remember there was a serial number
check, but that it ran OK in m/p.

I invariably use NCD patches - so the original can go safely back in
the filing cabinet - away from scratchy little fingers <gg>.

Adam.

Krazy Bob 04-06-2005 09:28 PM

Re: Call of Duty No CD

"BB" <BB@BB.net> wrote in message news:4253b280$1@clear.net.nz...
> I've got a legit copy of COD, but I was wondering if I run a no-cd patched
> .exe will it still let me play online?
>
> Anyone have experience doing this? I've also got the UO (I brought the
> Deluxe Pack), would it be the same for this title?

I have BF1942 and use a NOCD patch and it still lets me play online, if
anything it also seems to speed up the loading time of a map.