Velocity Reviews

Mark Cranness 04-04-2005 02:40 AM

How to buy MSDN Subscription without extortionate NZ prices?

I want/need to buy an MSDN Enterprise subscription, but am aghast at
high local prices.

It can be had for ~ US$1600 in the US (~NZ$2300), but seems to be
NZ$4100 or higher for sale on NZ sites.

Surely there is a world market for software?
(And it's not like I'm ever going to use the local support...)

Any clues on how to get this without being gouged?

Thanks,
Mark

MarkREMOVEANIMALCranness at hotdogmail.com

Brett Roberts 04-05-2005 12:56 AM

Re: How to buy MSDN Subscription without extortionate NZ prices?

"Mark Cranness" <mark.cranness@somewhere.invalid> wrote in message
>I want/need to buy an MSDN Enterprise subscription, but am aghast at
> high local prices.
>
> It can be had for ~ US$1600 in the US (~NZ$2300), but seems to be
> NZ$4100 or higher for sale on NZ sites.
>
> Surely there is a world market for software?
> (And it's not like I'm ever going to use the local support...)
>
> Any clues on how to get this without being gouged?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> MarkREMOVEANIMALCranness at hotdogmail.com

Hi Mark,
my recommendation would be to investigate the Empower program
https://partner.microsoft.com/global...origin=PrintAd
or hold on for a few days when we will be announcing an MSDN promotion. This
timing of this announcement is likely to coincide with the first of the
Connect05 events http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/connect/

HTH

Brett Roberts
Microsoft NZ

Daniel 04-05-2005 01:42 AM

Brett Roberts wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> my recommendation would be to investigate the Empower program
> https://partner.microsoft.com/global...origin=PrintAd
> or hold on for a few days when we will be announcing an MSDN promotion. This
> timing of this announcement is likely to coincide with the first of the
> Connect05 events http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/connect/
>
> HTH
>
> Brett Roberts
> Microsoft NZ

That's an impressive suite for that price.

Is there an additional final confirmation process before it can be
purchased (i.e. someone manually verifies whether applicant meets
requirements), or is it just a matter of agreeing with the T&C and then
purchasing immediately.

Thanks.

Mark Cranness 04-05-2005 06:55 AM

Re: How to buy MSDN Subscription without extortionate NZ prices? <- Thank You!

"Brett Roberts" <brettrob@abcdmicrosoftwxyz.com> wrote in

> my recommendation would be to investigate the Empower program
> https://partner.microsoft.com/global...origin=PrintAd
> or hold on for a few days when we will be announcing
> an MSDN promotion. This timing of this announcement is likely to
> coincide with the first of the Connect05 events
> http://www.microsoft.com/nz/events/connect/

Excellent!

Thank you.