Velocity Reviews

-   -   Irony (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574723-irony.html)

plonksville 04-02-2005 03:15 AM

Irony

The following page on the Linux Insider website discusses the release of
SP1 for Windows Server 2003;

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/security/41919.html

The irony is that the Google Syndicated ad asks:
"Why pay more for Linux than Microsoft® Windows®?"
with a link prompting you to "Click here to get the facts".
Where does the link take you to?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/default.mspx

Peter 04-02-2005 05:24 AM

Re: Irony

plonksville wrote:
> The following page on the Linux Insider website discusses the release of
> SP1 for Windows Server 2003;
> http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/security/41919.html
>
> The irony is that the Google Syndicated ad asks:
> "Why pay more for Linux than Microsoft® Windows®?"
> with a link prompting you to "Click here to get the facts".
> Where does the link take you to?
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/default.mspx

I don't see that as irony. There are many Linux and Unix publications that
carry Microsfot ads. Also, the IDG "Linux" publications carry stories
about Microsoft (including some that rather like good old MS FUD to me).
http://www.linuxworld.com.au

Occasionally, there is a debate about whether Linux magazines should carry
Microsoft ads. The magazine company is usually happy to take paying ads of
any type. Just as Windows magazines might sometimes take ads for Linux
products.

Peter