Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking for a Senior NT admin (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574534-looking-for-a-senior-nt-admin.html)

thing 03-17-2005 09:50 PM

Looking for a Senior NT admin

Hope no one objects to this.

We are looking for a NT sys admin.

Interesting in anyone with several years experience in win2k/win3k in a
large environment.

Skills of interest,

Exchange 2000 / 2003 with around 25,000 user base.
MS OS Clustering
Active Directory 2000 / 2003
Dell/EMC Sans
ISA
Dell kit.
On call is about 1 in 9 or so but its normally not onerous. (I think I
get 2 or 3 calls a week, with typically 1 actionable).

There is also Solaris, Tru64, Linux and Oracle with cross training into
these if interested. So in this respect we are looking for an open mind.

Based in Wellington, great environment & team, except you have to put up
with me....

;]

This is more of a senior post, ie someone who has years of experience in
an enterprise level support of around 30,000 users and not 30.....

You do not have to have a MCSE, but demonstrate a real understanding of
MS kit.

If interested and you want more info email me at,

msjob at vuw dot ac dot nz

regards

thing

Enkidu 03-18-2005 09:08 AM

Re: Looking for a Senior NT admin

thing wrote:

> On call is about 1 in 9 or so but its normally not onerous.
> (I think I get 2 or 3 calls a week, with typically 1
>actionable).

2 or 3 calls a week is not onerous? Sheesh!

Cheers,

Cliff

thing 03-20-2005 08:35 PM

Enkidu wrote:
> thing wrote:
>

>> On call is about 1 in 9 or so but its normally not onerous.

> > (I think I get 2 or 3 calls a week, with typically 1
> >actionable).

> 2 or 3 calls a week is not onerous? Sheesh!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

If you worked for my previous company that would be per night....with an
on call of 1 in 4.

Guess it is what you are used to.

regards

Thing