Velocity Reviews

-   -   UBS & Telstraclear (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574315-ubs-and-telstraclear.html)

A.D. 02-27-2005 10:26 AM

UBS & Telstraclear

Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?

If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?

A.D.

A.D. 02-28-2005 08:48 AM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

A.D. wrote:
> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?
>
> If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?
>
> A.D.

And why is no one touching this question?

Dave - Dave.net.nz 02-28-2005 08:53 AM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

A.D. wrote:
>> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?
>> If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?

> And why is no one touching this question?

would anyone here really go UBS(a known troubled product), with Telstra
Clear(a known troubled company{with regards to support})?

but seriously? I havent heard anything, although no-ones pushing for
customers quite like Orcon, even Ihugs Bliink seems fine from what I
have read/heard.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is dave@the.domain.above

MC 02-28-2005 10:43 PM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

"A.D." <nospam@for.me> wrote in news:4221a097@clear.net.nz:

> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
> UBS?

No.

Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
complained (God bless them, somebody had to).

IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

Mark

Dave - dave.net.nz 02-28-2005 10:52 PM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

MC wrote:
> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

I knew they had one, and knew they had pulled it, but hadn't read why...
heh, another 0867 thing then.

Collector»NZ 03-01-2005 12:59 AM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

Dave - dave.net.nz said the following on 1/03/2005 11:52 a.m.:
> MC wrote:
>
>> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
>> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

> I knew they had one, and knew they had pulled it, but hadn't read why...
> heh, another 0867 thing then.

Yep Ihug are in Bed with telescum for sure. The 0867 thing went away
when telescum paid Ihug $19million (IIRC) to cahnge over to 0867 IP dial
up. The Woods boys both started driving the Latest BMWs about the same time.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

A.D. 03-01-2005 08:55 AM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

MC wrote:
> "A.D." <nospam@for.me> wrote in news:4221a097@clear.net.nz:
>

>>Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
>>UBS?

> No.
>
> Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
> UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
> Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
> complained (God bless them, somebody had to).
>
> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.
>
> Mark

Marvelous! I think it's time to reassign myself.

Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

A.D.

colinco 03-01-2005 05:58 PM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

In article A.D. says...
> Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
> of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
> game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

Is it telecom that's the problem or how much upstream bandwidth the ISP
contracts for. You can't aggressively tout for business than be
surprised at how congested your links are.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 03-01-2005 06:21 PM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

A.D. wrote:
> Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
> of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
> game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

heh. I love monopoly... I always used to win.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 03-01-2005 06:31 PM

Re: UBS & Telstraclear

colinco wrote:
>>Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
>>of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
>>game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

> Is it telecom that's the problem or how much upstream bandwidth the ISP
> contracts for. You can't aggressively tout for business than be
> surprised at how congested your links are.

actually, with UBS this is a Telecom problem...they allocate 24kbit/UBS
customer, what this means is that oyu need all the mah and pah home
users to jump on, and not use it to even out the people that jump on and
do use it.