Velocity Reviews

-   -   NIN replacements? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574230-nin-replacements.html)

Mike Dee 02-20-2005 09:28 PM

NIN replacements?

Have been reading in various locations that this Italian one is OK:

<http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>

I've not signed up for it - yet. Be sure to read the "informative document
of the treatment of personal data" link at top of link above's page before
you do decide to, too.

Comments? Yays? Nays?

--
dee

Collector»NZ 02-20-2005 10:37 PM

Re: NIN replacements?

Mike Dee said the following on 21/02/2005 10:28 a.m.:
> Have been reading in various locations that this Italian one is OK:
>
> <http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>
>
> I've not signed up for it - yet. Be sure to read the "informative document
> of the treatment of personal data" link at top of link above's page before
> you do decide to, too.
>
> Comments? Yays? Nays?

1. collection and conservation of your personal personal data to
the aim of the supply of the service and in order to supply to the
Judicial authoritythe demanded information;
2. elaboration of your personal data in order to define your profile
trades;
3. Use of your profile trades from X-Privat.org and Mynewsgate.net
for marketing purpose and own advertisement of X-Privat.org and
Mynewsgate.net;
4. Use of your profile trades from X-Privat.org and Mynewsgate.net
for marketing purpose and advertisement of thirds party

Dam a license to Spam (4) looks like a *stay away from option*

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Collector»NZ 02-20-2005 10:46 PM

Re: NIN replacements?

Collector»NZ said the following on 21/02/2005 11:37 a.m.:
> Mike Dee said the following on 21/02/2005 10:28 a.m.:
>
>> Have been reading in various locations that this Italian one is OK:
>>
>> <http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>
>>
>> I've not signed up for it - yet. Be sure to read the "informative
>> document of the treatment of personal data" link at top of link
>> above's page before you do decide to, too.
>>
>> Comments? Yays? Nays?
>>

> 1. collection and conservation of your personal personal data to
> the aim of the supply of the service and in order to supply to the
> Judicial authoritythe demanded information;
> 2. elaboration of your personal data in order to define your profile
> trades;
> 3. Use of your profile trades from X-Privat.org and Mynewsgate.net
> for marketing purpose and own advertisement of X-Privat.org and
> Mynewsgate.net;
> 4. Use of your profile trades from X-Privat.org and Mynewsgate.net
> for marketing purpose and advertisement of thirds party
>
> Dam a license to Spam (4) looks like a *stay away from option*

Interesting stats
They have 4 Orcon Users
2 splice.net.nz
2 xtra
1 woosh
1 snap
1 comnet

Rather a high representation from orcon

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Mike Dee 02-21-2005 02:35 AM

Re: NIN replacements?

Collector»NZ <collector_nz@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Mike Dee said the following on 21/02/2005 10:28 a.m.:
>> Have been reading in various locations that this Italian one is
>> OK:
>>
>> <http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>
>>
>> I've not signed up for it - yet. Be sure to read the "informative
>> document of the treatment of personal data" link at top of link
>> above's page before you do decide to, too.
>>
>> Comments? Yays? Nays?
>>

> 1. collection and conservation of your personal personal
> data to
> the aim of the supply of the service and in order to supply to the
> Judicial authoritythe demanded information;
> 2. elaboration of your personal data in order to define your
> profile
> trades;
> 3. Use of your profile trades from X-Privat.org and
> Mynewsgate.net
> for marketing purpose and own advertisement of X-Privat.org and
> Mynewsgate.net;
> 4. Use of your profile trades from X-Privat.org and
> Mynewsgate.net
> for marketing purpose and advertisement of thirds party
>
> Dam a license to Spam (4) looks like a *stay away from option*

Maybe signing up using a throw-away SPAM-trap account with Yahoo or
Hotmail etc; could be a go? I'm not keen on point 4 either :(

--
dee

Gordon 02-21-2005 07:21 AM

Re: NIN replacements?

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:28:01 +0000, Mike Dee wrote:

> Have been reading in various locations that this Italian one is OK:
>
> <http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>
>
> I've not signed up for it - yet. Be sure to read the "informative document
> of the treatment of personal data" link at top of link above's page before
> you do decide to, too.
>
> Comments? Yays? Nays?

nz.* ng nay.

Mike Dee 02-21-2005 07:49 AM

Re: NIN replacements?

Gordon <flash130@yahoo.com> wrote in

>> <http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>
>>
>> I've not signed up for it - yet. Be sure to read the "informative
>> document of the treatment of personal data" link at top of link
>> above's page before you do decide to, too.
>>
>> Comments? Yays? Nays?

> nz.* ng nay.

Erm... perhaps you didn't scroll down the page far enough?

Hierarchies Descriptions Languages Expire
nz.* New Zealand English 60 days

--
dee