Velocity Reviews

-   -   Opera 7.51 and Cnet crashes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574107-opera-7-51-and-cnet-crashes.html)

Damos 02-11-2005 07:00 AM

Opera 7.51 and Cnet crashes

Over the last couple of days I have been unable to access www.cnet.com
without crashing Opera7.54 nad Opera 8.0b1 even when
I pretend to be IE6.0. Initialy I thought it was a flash problem as I
thought it crashed when accessing the flash video review page
but now I'm not sure as I can see the flash at the macromedia site OK.

Installed itunes the other day which came with quicktime (since
uninstalled), but havent changed anything else. (as well as reinstalling
opera8)
IE6.0 is ok.

So could an opera user try www.cnet.com to confirm its a problem on my pc.

Thanks

Damos

--
"It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

Carl Sagan.

Steve Marshall 02-11-2005 08:46 AM

Re: Opera 7.51 and Cnet crashes

Damos wrote:

>So could an opera user try www.cnet.com to confirm its a problem on my pc.

Works fine for me:

Opera
Version information
Version 7.54
Build 3869
Platform Win32
System Windows XP
Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5
VoiceXML Plugin not available

Howard 02-11-2005 09:22 AM

Re: Opera 7.51 and Cnet crashes

> So could an opera user try www.cnet.com to confirm its a problem on