Velocity Reviews

-   -   WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t574046-warning-thermaltake-psus-keep-well-away.html)

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au 02-06-2005 07:32 AM

WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away..

A 420W with PFC blew up on me, 18 moths old, to many parts are blown and
some you just can't get.

Well with not by that brand or the other 3 that are made by the same firm
again..

Was not a Power surge as those parts are still intack..

Get a PSU that has a 3 year warrantee, not may to chose from, I have a feeling
that Thermaltake has a 3 year factory warrantee but not here.

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com 02-06-2005 09:28 AM

Re: WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away..

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:32:51 +1300, wrote:

> Was not a Power surge as those parts are still intack..

Are you chinese by any chance, Woger?

You've started replacing consonants on the ends of words with dots.

Any particualr reason for that?

Divine

--
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge. Jerry Falwell only gargled."

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au 02-06-2005 09:33 AM

Re: WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away..

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:28:55 +1300, "NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com"
<NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:32:51 +1300, wrote:
>
>> Was not a Power surge as those parts are still intack..

>Are you chinese by any chance, Woger?
>
>You've started replacing consonants on the ends of words with dots.
>
>Any particualr reason for that?
>

>Divine

Nervous Finger...

Or what ever..

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com 02-06-2005 09:41 AM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:33:42 +1300, wrote:

>>Are you chinese by any chance, Woger?
>>
>>You've started replacing consonants on the ends of words with dots.
>>
>>Any particular reason for that?

> Nervous Finger...
>
> Or what ever..

But you seem to be putting extra dots at the end of EVERY sentence.

Why is it that your "Nervous Finger" only occurs at the ends of sentences
and not throughout the sentences?

Divine

--
The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
but this old Queen wants a drink."

cowboyz 02-06-2005 09:45 AM

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
> A 420W with PFC blew up on me, 18 moths old, to many parts are
> blown and some you just can't get.
>

> Well with not by that brand or the other 3 that are made by the same
> firm again..
>
> Was not a Power surge as those parts are still intack..
>
> Get a PSU that has a 3 year warrantee, not may to chose from, I have
> a feeling that Thermaltake has a 3 year factory warrantee but not
> here.

Could you please list all the components that have the CrapTM award? I am
losing count.

Chris Mayhew 02-06-2005 11:16 AM

Re: WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away..

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:33:42 +1300, wrote:
>

>>>Are you chinese by any chance, Woger?
>>>
>>>You've started replacing consonants on the ends of words with dots.
>>>
>>>Any particular reason for that?

>>Nervous Finger...
>>
>>Or what ever..

> But you seem to be putting extra dots at the end of EVERY sentence.
>
> Why is it that your "Nervous Finger" only occurs at the ends of sentences
> and not throughout the sentences?
>

> Divine

Hey.. stop complaining.. and just be.. thankful that they.. don't occur
in the middle of sentences as well.. :)

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au 02-06-2005 11:26 AM

Re: WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away..

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:41:48 +1300, "NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com"
<NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:33:42 +1300, wrote:
>
>>>Are you chinese by any chance, Woger?
>>>
>>>You've started replacing consonants on the ends of words with dots.
>>>
>>>Any particular reason for that?

>> Nervous Finger...
>>
>> Or what ever..

>But you seem to be putting extra dots at the end of EVERY sentence.
>
>Why is it that your "Nervous Finger" only occurs at the ends of sentences
>and not throughout the sentences?
>

>Divine

What ever..

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au 02-06-2005 11:31 AM

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 22:45:27 +1300, "cowboyz" <me@here.now> wrote:

>BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au wrote:
>> A 420W with PFC blew up on me, 18 moths old, to many parts are
>> blown and some you just can't get.
>>

>> Well with not by that brand or the other 3 that are made by the same
>> firm again..
>>
>> Was not a Power surge as those parts are still intack..
>>
>> Get a PSU that has a 3 year warrantee, not may to chose from, I have
>> a feeling that Thermaltake has a 3 year factory warrantee but not
>> here.

>Could you please list all the components that have the CrapTM award? I am
>losing count.

Well Q10 Shorted and blow up T4 plus a number of other parts and also the MOS
Fets QF1-2 in the PFC card plus a few other bits

Hope this is the list you was after.

-=[Waylon Smithers]=- 02-06-2005 11:32 AM

Re: WARNING: Thermaltake PSU's, Keep Well away..

> Could you please list all the components that have the CrapTM award? I am
> losing count.

Hang on, if Woger lists all the gear that craps out on him, it'll blow
my data cap for the month !

Why do some people have so many problems, yet other people do not, using
exactly the same gear ? What's the common theme ?

wogers nemesis 02-06-2005 11:38 AM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:32:51 +1300, BIG Bear wrote:

> A 420W with PFC blew up on me, 18 moths old, to many parts are blown and
> some you just can't get.
>

> Well with not by that brand or the other 3 that are made by the same firm
> again..
>
> Was not a Power surge as those parts are still intack..
>
> Get a PSU that has a 3 year warrantee, not may to chose from, I have a feeling
> that Thermaltake has a 3 year factory warrantee but not here.

I'm less than a metre away .. is that far enough?