Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot Access one of the computers on home network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t57399-cannot-access-one-of-the-computers-on-home-network.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1aW5zOTk=?= 03-29-2006 02:31 PM

Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

I have a wireless network setup through a DSL gateway...I have the a deck
top(XP Home and setup as host) and a laptop(XP Professional)...I can access
the web from both and I can access the files/folders/printer from the labtop
to the desktop, but when I attempt to access the laptop from the desktop I
receive a message " \\(name of laptop) is not accessible. You might not have
permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this
server to find if you have access permissions. Access denied." On both
computers the computers are showing up in the workgroup window...I have also
IP pinged on both with no problems...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Steveo

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1aW5zOTk=?= 03-29-2006 03:12 PM

RE: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

Just fixed my own problem by going to a site called "winelp.com/wxnet.html"..
My problem was associated with a registry setting named RescrictAnonymous in
the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area, value was 1 changed to 0...Fixed my
problem..Hope this may help others.
--
Steveo

=?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eW5j?= 03-29-2006 10:33 PM

RE: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

I'm having a similar problem. I couldn't find the website you referred to.
Where is the registry setting/HKEY LOCAL MACHINE area?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eW5j?= 03-29-2006 11:07 PM

RE: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

I found the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area, but can't find the RestrictAnonymous
setting. Where is it?

Many thanks!

Doug Sherman [MVP] 03-30-2006 12:55 AM

Re: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

Try:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+P, MVP

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1aW5zOTk=?= 03-30-2006 02:18 AM

RE: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

Sorry about not giving more info..Registry setting is named
RescrictAnonomous. Go to registry editor and change the following registry
value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SYSTEM
\Current ControlSet
\Control
\Lsa
Value name: RescrictAnonymous
Value type: DWORD
Change value to 0.
Reboot and make sure change remained, This should cure the problem.
Appears I typed in the wrong site address.
It's "http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm"
My appologies..Hope this helps.
--
Steveo

Socrates 03-31-2006 08:43 PM

Re: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

See http://www.amw1.com/faq/error-messages/faqs.htm

=?Utf-8?B?bWFtYQ==?= 04-01-2006 12:14 PM

Re: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

I, too, have the same problem and have found no RESTRICTANONYMOUS key.Help??

=?Utf-8?B?bWFtYQ==?= 04-01-2006 12:32 PM

Re: Cannot Access one of the computers on home network

That registry key is for Windows 2003, and the question is about XP Home....