Velocity Reviews

-   -   Computer Knowledge Quiz (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t573971-computer-knowledge-quiz.html)

Collector»NZ 02-01-2005 06:39 AM

Computer Knowledge Quiz

http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
Expert amongst us.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Dave - Dave.net.nz 02-01-2005 07:39 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

Collector»NZ wrote:
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.

I've been considered for their Hall of Fame... me thinks it is too easy
to get into.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is dave@the.domain.above

Chris Hope 02-01-2005 07:41 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

Collector»NZ wrote:

> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
>
> Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the
> PC Expert amongst us.

51/60

froggy 02-01-2005 07:43 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:39:55 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Collector»NZ wrote:
>> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
>> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

> 92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
> legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.
>
> I've been considered for their Hall of Fame... me thinks it is too easy
> to get into.

51 / 60 here and ditto on hall of fame

some of it felt like an A+ exam

Nicolaas Hawkins 02-01-2005 07:47 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:08 +1300, Collector»NZ
<collector_nz@hotmail.com> wrote in

> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
>
> Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
> Expert amongst us.

Long test :: 57/60 :=95% Dipped on a couple of US-specific questions.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

Roger Johnstone 02-01-2005 07:48 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

In <368mgfF4t0v8rU1@individual.net> Collector?NZ wrote:
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
>
> Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the
> PC Expert amongst us.

56 out of 60

Not bad for a Mac user :-p

http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

Dave - Dave.net.nz 02-01-2005 07:48 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

froggy wrote:
>>>http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>>>Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
>>>questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

>>92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
>>legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.

> 51 / 60 here and ditto on hall of fame

heh, now I feel less special.

> some of it felt like an A+ exam

been wondering if I should sit that, you know, just for a bit of paper
to slap up somewhere... that and an MCSE or something.

Dave - Dave.net.nz 02-01-2005 07:49 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

Roger Johnstone wrote:
> 56 out of 60

congrats.

> Not bad for a Mac user :-p

wow, and I thought mac users were all just pretty and im-practical /sarcasm.

XPD 02-01-2005 07:54 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

"Collector»NZ" <collector_nz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.
>
> Try it and post back here with your result and we will see who is the PC
> Expert amongst us.

55/60 = 92% :)
Im happy with that :)

Enkidu 02-01-2005 07:57 AM

Re: Computer Knowledge Quiz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> http://www.stevenseow.com/pciq/
>> Has a quiz either short/med/long I just did the long test of 60
>> questions and I am reasonably happy with my results.

> 92%, 55 correct, the 5 I got wrong I knew that I didn't know.
> legal questions, HD-DVD question and two others I didn't make a note of.
>
> I've been considered for their Hall of Fame... me thinks it is too easy
> to get into.

I missed 8. But I did it pretty fast. I was also considered
for the HoF!

Cheers,

Cliff