Velocity Reviews

-   -   Call-by-call in New Zealand (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t573890-call-by-call-in-new-zealand.html)

philip 01-25-2005 02:02 AM

Call-by-call in New Zealand

is there a call-by call Internet provider in NZ. meaning a service where
you dial in any pay either through the phone company or because you've
bought a pay-as-you-go subscription.

there used to be one sold through Dick Smith but the local DSE hasn't
heard of it.

Philip

Bruce Sinclair 01-25-2005 03:31 AM

Re: Call-by-call in New Zealand

In article <41f5a944$1_2@127.0.0.1>, philip <philip_crookes@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>is there a call-by call Internet provider in NZ. meaning a service where
>you dial in any pay either through the phone company or because you've
>bought a pay-as-you-go subscription.
>
>there used to be one sold through Dick Smith but the local DSE hasn't
>heard of it.

Actrix has a 1c/minute rate. Sadly it's +$2 /month ... unless you have your
toll calls through them as well. Have to top it up occasionally ... $10
minimum IIRC.
Not sure if this is what you mean tho :)

Bruce

think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyones fault.
If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, Im one of Us. I must be.
Ive certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
of themselves as one of Them. Were always one of Us. Its Them that do

(if there were any)

Brett 01-25-2005 05:02 AM

Re: Call-by-call in New Zealand

www.clear.net.nz

do the hourly thing (well min/sec time)

Don Hills 01-25-2005 05:55 AM

Re: Call-by-call in New Zealand

In article <41f5a944$1_2@127.0.0.1>, philip <philip_crookes@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>there used to be one sold through Dick Smith but the local DSE hasn't
>heard of it.

The DSE ones were prepaid cards for Quik:
http://www.quik.co.nz/

My mother-in-law used to use them before changing to Paradise when she got cable.
She seemed happy enough with them.

It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
are governed by people who are not as smart.