Velocity Reviews

-   -   I wonder if you can do me a favour Nathan? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t573799-i-wonder-if-you-can-do-me-a-favour-nathan.html)

Nomon Damad 01-17-2005 01:52 AM

I wonder if you can do me a favour Nathan?

I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
of the program?

Dave - Dave.net.nz 01-17-2005 02:40 AM

Re: I wonder if you can do me a favour Nathan?

Nomon Damad wrote:
> I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
> replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
> of the program?

He'll need to know which version, just plain NT4 or server/adv server

heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

I should read up on some history.

EMB 01-17-2005 02:44 AM

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

Workstation or Server.

--
EMB

Dave - Dave.net.nz 01-17-2005 02:45 AM

EMB wrote:
>> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
>> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

> Workstation or Server.

thanks, history learned.

AD. 01-17-2005 02:56 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:44:12 +1300, EMB wrote:

> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
>> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

> Workstation or Server.

And Server Enterprise Edition, and also Terminal Server Edition :)

--
Cheers
Anton

DoggNZ 01-17-2005 03:09 AM

Re: I wonder if you can do me a favour Nathan?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:45:13 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<davenetnz@gmail.com> wrote:

>EMB wrote:
>>> heh, I just realised that I don't know if there is/was a NT4
>>> pro/server/adv server... just assumed.

>> Workstation or Server.

>thanks, history learned.

Probably best to forget it now and free up room in your brain for an
OS that doesn't suck ass.

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

BIG Bear @bearcat.com.au 01-17-2005 05:30 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:52:23 +1300, Nomon Damad <donod@naman.dam.on> wrote:

>I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
>replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
>of the program?

Use your Backup, You did make a backup didn't you...?

steve 01-17-2005 07:48 AM

Nomon Damad wrote:

> I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
> replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
> of the program?

Just get some one to burn you a copy of theirs....and then use the CD-key
that came with the CD you bought.

You licensed the software.....not the CD.

Nathan Mercer 01-17-2005 12:33 PM

Nomon Damad wrote:
> I have a copy of NT4 here and it has a a smashed CD. Can I get a
> replacement copy of the CD without having to buy a whole new copy
> of the program?

I'm overseas right now so hard to help out. Your best bet is to call
Microsoft Services on 0800 800 004 and explain the situation to them
and see what they can do to help

Regards
Nathan

David Preece 01-18-2005 07:11 AM