Velocity Reviews

-   -   I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t573295-i-have-a-powerpc-7600-120-will-adaptec-pci-scsi-cards-fit-in-it.html)

thing 12-14-2004 04:01 AM

I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it?

Looks like it has 3 x pci slots....or are they something else?

Any upgrade bits about?

I also have been given a 5000 series, any swapable bits?

regards

Thing

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-14-2004 11:27 AM

Re: I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it?

In article <TAtvd.14780$3U4.397159@news02.tsnz.net>,
thing <nospammers@thing.dyndns.org> wrote:

>Looks like it has 3 x pci slots....or are they something else?

Yes, I'm pretty sure those Apples would be recent enough to have PCI
slots in them. Only the very first generation of Power Macs would have
had NuBus slots--6100, 7100 and 8100.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro 12-14-2004 11:27 AM

Mike Dee 12-14-2004 12:15 PM

Re: I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it?

thing <nospammers@thing.dyndns.org> wrote in

> Looks like it has 3 x pci slots....or are they something else?

PCI

> Any upgrade bits about?

Internal SCSI drive can be expensive to upgrade.

Can be taken up to 1GB RAM [not bad for an 8 yr old 'puter]

G3 & G4 upgrade cards [PCI slot] Sonnet, PowerLogix, Newer, XLR8
etc:
<http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/upgrades/g4_zif/nov_00.shtml>
Dunno if still being produced but ebay etc is a good source.

> I also have been given a 5000 series, any swapable bits?

Nope, better give it away again [to me] :)
Dunno, RAM may/may not be compatable. Internal IDE drive is not
compatable. Single PCI slot may contain something useable.
Floppy drive can be swapped out.

--
dee

Mike Dee 12-14-2004 12:15 PM

Mike Dee 12-14-2004 12:33 PM

Re: I have a Powerpc 7600/120 will adaptec pci scsi cards fit in it?

Mike Dee <emteedee@optushome.com.au> wrote in

> G3 & G4 upgrade cards [PCI slot] Sonnet, PowerLogix, Newer, XLR8
> etc:
> <http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/...zif/nov_00.sht
> ml>

Sorry, wrong link [Zif socket]. Correct type here:
<http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_pci.html>

--
dee

Mike Dee 12-14-2004 12:33 PM

thing 12-14-2004 10:48 PM

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In article <TAtvd.14780$3U4.397159@news02.tsnz.net>,
> thing <nospammers@thing.dyndns.org> wrote:
>

>>Looks like it has 3 x pci slots....or are they something else?

> Yes, I'm pretty sure those Apples would be recent enough to have PCI
> slots in them. Only the very first generation of Power Macs would have
> had NuBus slots--6100, 7100 and 8100.

thanks

It has 3 x slots that look like PCI slots, I have several scsi cards and
drives I can use....

regards

Thing

thing 12-14-2004 10:48 PM

thing 12-14-2004 10:52 PM

Mike Dee wrote:
> Mike Dee <emteedee@optushome.com.au> wrote in
>

>>G3 & G4 upgrade cards [PCI slot] Sonnet, PowerLogix, Newer, XLR8
>>etc:
>><http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/...zif/nov_00.sht
>>ml>

> Sorry, wrong link [Zif socket]. Correct type here:
> <http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_pci.html>

Thanks

I do not want to spend heaps on it....I have it lying around so wanted
to do just enough to make it farily usable as a first Internet PC for a
Xmas present for a relative.

I have some scsi bits like drives so I can add them for no cost.

regards

thing