Velocity Reviews

-   -   forgotten it! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t573121-forgotten-it.html)

nova 11-28-2004 05:58 AM

forgotten it!

I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
remember the ip I set on it..

Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

Southern Kiwi 11-28-2004 07:22 AM

Re: forgotten it!

"nova" <nova@invalid.com> wrote in message news:41a966a4_1@127.0.0.1...
> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
> remember the ip I set on it..
>
> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

Hypnosis ? ;-)
--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Nicholas Sherlock 11-28-2004 09:32 AM

Re: forgotten it!

nova wrote:
> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
> remember the ip I set on it..
>
> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

Get an IP address scanner and scan the whole IP address range concerned.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Alex Axolotl 11-28-2004 09:53 AM

Re: forgotten it!

Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

> nova wrote:
>
>> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
>> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
>> remember the ip I set on it..
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

> Get an IP address scanner and scan the whole IP address range concerned.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicholas Sherlock

Good idea
AngryIP http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/ is a good choice.

Italian Jobs 11-28-2004 06:37 PM

Re: forgotten it!

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:53:11 +1300, Alex Axolotl <me4@privacy.net>
wrote:

>Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
>
>> nova wrote:
>>
>>> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
>>> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
>>> remember the ip I set on it..
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

>> Get an IP address scanner and scan the whole IP address range concerned.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nicholas Sherlock

>Good idea
>AngryIP http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/ is a good choice.

Nice

TY

E. 11-28-2004 06:52 PM

Re: forgotten it!

nova wrote:
> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
> remember the ip I set on it..
>
> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

Do a tracert thru it.
E.

Dorado 11-28-2004 08:15 PM

Re: forgotten it!

nova wrote:
> I have a wireless access point. I changed the ip of it a while back.
> I now need to change some settings in it and can't for the life of me
> remember the ip I set on it..
>
> Anyone have any ideas? apart from resetting it?

was the IP assigned using DHCP? if so your DHCP server should have a list of
all assigned IP address, you can try them one at a time.

Also my Wireless AP came with a little utility which you can run from any PC
on the network. It discovers the IP address of the AP for you (using the MAC
address I believe)